Dark Corner

"Well, where is her body? I want the see my niece's body," Lily yelled from the foyer. Silas and I were upstairs and could hear her as if she was in the room with us. I knew it was Celeste that she was speaking with because her body went from relaxed to tense. I wanted to go to her rip her fucking head off, but Silas held my hand and pulled me down to sit in his lap.

"Let her come to us."

I thought about it as I stared at him for a long moment before nodding and laying my head on his shoulder, receiving a kiss on the forehead. He was right if she wanted me. She could come to me, and it wasn't long before we heard footsteps coming toward the living room. At first, I thought it was her. Instead, it was Lenora, Damon, and my siblings as Aniyah gave me one of her wicky smiles.

Something along the lines of, let's beat this bitch ass today, or she is to die. I couldn't tell. After all, she had gotten good at blocking some of her thought because she hated Silas in her head. However, Lily's heartbeat came closer to the room, and Celeste's emotions were swirling with a mixed feeling of anger and kill mode.

Quickly I stood hiding in the darkest part of the room as Celeste round the corner. Seconds later, Lily did with a big smile planted on her face that disappeared after seeing Silas. Still, she had yet to see me from my hiding place. At first, I wanted her to see me first, but at the last moment, the thought popped into my head to hide, causing Silas, my siblings, and my aunt to smile.

"Oh my goodness, Silas, I know you must but hurting. I wanted this to work... truly I did, but I guess you were just too late."

"Too late for what?" My father asked as he entered the room, looking confused. He calmly sat in the chair before me, and I knew I had to do something to stop him from talking. Gently I led forward just enough to let my finger ghost over his shoulder to notice me.

He didn't turn but made sure to let me know he knew I was there by thinking it. "I know you're there." He smirked, nodding his head at Silas after everyone took a seat while Lily smiled and tried her best to cover it up to keep the others from seeing.

"May I see her body, Lenora? Both you and Nathaniel should know that we must ensure her soul left her body."

"Why you and such a rush, Lily? Our niece is gone, and you are all worried about seeing her body. Let her father, sister, and brothers grief, will you."

"Sister and brothers? Aniyah and Kenny are my children, not Linda's. That little b... she only had a brother, nothing more." Lily said as Lenora eyed her carefully while my father cursed out in his head before taking a breath.

"Your children, you humor me. With all due respect Lily, you didn't even raise them. The day Kenny came out of your fucking pussy, you and Moses threw him to Linda and me without a thought. Linda named him, not you. We stay up with him until the early mornings. It was long before we thought about having children. The only thing your was interesting in was his magic. Aniyah was different. You wanted her for other reasons. Reasons I will not say, but she turned her back on you and your husband soon as she got the chance running straight to our doorstep. You have never been a parent to either of your children and never cared for your niece or nephew."

Her eyes filled with rage as her heart was beating wildly. I could see she wanted to attack my dad. I wanted her to, but something was holding her back. Finally, Lily took a defeating sigh looking about the room at every person, thinking to herself. Although I couldn't hear her thoughts, I could tell by her facial expression that she was unsure of the situation as another knock came at the door. Silas's head quickly jerked to Lily while she smiled bravely.

"My husband... He wanted to see his niece's body, as well."

"Your husband? Why not his children? What is so fucking important about my wife's body?" Silas asked, and Lily continued to smirk, shrugging her shoulder as if she had won something. Shortly after, a man walked in, and I knew I had seen him before. Not from memory, no matter where I went in New Orleans. I always saw him.