What's That?

A wave of relief washed over me as I stared at my aunt and uncle's bodies lying on the floor. I was happy that two of my threats were out of the way. Still, I had another one to go, but the swirl of emotions somehow caused a sick feeling to rise from the pit of my stomach. Something I hadn't felt before, forcing me to run toward the bathroom.

My fast movement causing me to glide across the floor didn't make it any better, nearly making me lose the contents of my belly before reaching the toilet. It didn't surprise me that Silas was right by my side, pulling back my hair, as he stroked his thumb against my neck. At the same time, his other hand ran down the small of my back while trying his best to make me feel better.

The whole thing had Lily and Moses's written on it. It was a feeling of getting ripped apart, and I couldn't stop throwing up. Although I felt like my stomach was empty but more kept coming out. The feeling of something stuck in my chest wouldn't go away, and the only thing I could do was force it more like it was forcing me to release it, and after fifteen minutes of gagging, choking, and throwing something that was unnormal. Something big made its way into the toilet with a solid splash that caused me to back away quickly.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" I shrieked, hurrying to stand. On the hand, Silas stood there glaring at the contents of the toilet as if he knew what it was. Besides informing me of anything, he quickly turned on his heels speeding back to the living room as I stood there alone, confused, and too scared to move until I heard him screaming.

"THAT BITCH HAD HER FUCKING HEXED! DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS!?"

Hexed?! She hexed me! I thought as I returned to the toilet to see a dead rat floating in the water. The sight of it made me sick again. Soon as my finger brushed the toilet, a swirl of memories came about, and the next thing I knew, my head was hitting the floor.

Flashback

"If I'm going to help you, Yasmine, ya have to trust me."

"That is the point, Aunt Lily. I don't know who to trust. I-I want my family to be safe." I spoke honestly as my aunt disappeared into the kitchen and returned a plate of food. She was wrong if she thought I was falling for that again. Grandmother had already tried to kill me. I wasn't too kind about trusting anyone if it wasn't my parents or Silas at this point.

I knew they were hiding things from me that I didn't understand, which was why I had so many questions. Sadly there was no one to answer them.

"As I said, I don't know whom the trust Aunt Lily and I'm not eating that. Big Mama already tried to kill me. Ya think I'm gonna eat that shit?"

"Watch your mouth, chile. I'm still ya fucking aunt, you know." I shrugged, rolling my eye as I watched the old wretch. She looked young, but I could smell how old she was. All of them were older than Silas. Then they were telling me not to trust him.

"I think I best to leave. I'd don't feel safe... I would say I'm sorry bout my mouth. Though that would be a lie." I spoke, causing her to hiss, walking away again. I should have run, but I waited for her return, only for my Uncle Moses to walk in with a sinter look on his face. At this point, I could move my legs watching as he rounded the sofa, chuckling to himself while I swallowed hard the closer he got. I was screaming run, but my legs failed to move when he suddenly grabbed me by the neck.

"Powerful as you maybe ya ass know nothing. Lying to your parents about your whereabouts. Lying with the vampire which you have yet to tell them...."

"I have done no such thing! Silas respects and understands me. He is willing to wait! You know shit!" I splat as Mose's hand came down hard and fast across my face just as my aunt decided to walk back into the living hall.