Calm Down and Talk

A surge of energy lit up the sky. Something powerful was a mist, but what was the question? Without thinking, I quickly stood and ran over to the window opening it. I had to feel the power and see if I could understand where and who it was coming from. It was a power I'd never felt before. A power that I wanted and needed, but the direction it was pulling from took time to determine.

"MELISSA, GET YOUR ASS IN HERE NOW!" I yelled for my daughter. One could say she was a loyal little bitch. I would say she was just about useless as they came. Nathaniel was the one I needed to be like Melissa. I needed his children and his wife's sister's children, but the boy was headstrong, just like his father, so he stayed away.

It was partially my fault. Nathaniel was smart growing up, and he caught on that I was using him for his power, especially after his father died. I was and still am power-hungry; the more powerful I became, the further he stayed. Then he married that powerful little witch. I could smell the power flowing off her and her siblings. I had to have their power; I needed their power, so I started plotting.

And in the beginning, it was five of them, two boys and three girls. I ended up draining the brothers of their powers, killing them in the end.

Edith, who goes by Lily now, was the first to see what I was doing. She started to convince her sisters to get more powerful for a better life. Unlike I was doing, they started killing off other magic creatures gaining their power while looking for the right spell for eternal life. At the time, they didn't know that could be granted by the blood of another witch, something I could have told them. Instead, they settle for the blood of a vamp that could only grant eternal life if their hearts and heads stayed attached to their bodies.

However, Lily nasty ass slept with her niece's soulmate not only to get his blood but had a century-long relationship with the man, trying her best to have his child. Destiny had a funny way of kicking magical creatures in the ass. No child was coming out of the relationship if they weren't destined for each other, and like all, she found that out the hard. Eventually, she moved on and met Moses. Not too long after that, they had their first child, Kenny. Lily didn't even look at the boy before throwing him off on her sister and my son.

The sad thing was she didn't realize her son's power, but I did, and the older he got, the more I saw his power. Blood magic, shifting, and mind control in one. So, I did what I had done with his uncles. I pulled his power away a little at a time, but Nathaniel started to notice keeping him away from me. Then a few years later, Lily had Aniyah realizing her powers right off the back, causing her to keep the girl. I saw then she was after the same thing I was.

And year by year, I noticed her taking her daughter's blood and mixing it in a potion to make herself stronger, but she wanted more, leading her to me.

Lily's children were strong. She and I saw that, and I was willing to help, but when Linda had Marcus, I saw my son's power and how powerful their children would be, especially when my granddaughter was born. What a beautiful little girl she was, but her power was much more beautiful than she was. No witch on earth possessed the type of power she had. Yasmine was destined to be the Vampire Queen, the wife of the one vampire that was the source of blood magic; of course, he didn't know.

I tried for years to get that girl, and everything I tried, my son intercepted until the day some sick soul took her life before I did.

"What is it, Mama?"

"I got damnit, child. It took you long enough." Melissa had the nerve to roll her eyes at me as she stood there, making me slap the shit out of her stupid ass before I knew it.

"OUCH! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

"You! Anyhow, something just lit up the sky. Something powerful. Find it and report back to me."