Remember Me

After days, Melissa finally walked back into our house with a big smile. I didn't see any reason for her to be happy, but it had to be a reason I cared to ask about. "Melissa, where the fuck your idiotic ass been the last few days?"

"Mother, I have a life, believe it or not."

What life did she think she had that didn't involve serving me? It was the only reason I kept her alive. None of my children had a use for me. All of them were weak, but Melissa was a good little servant, so I kept her here. The bad thing was she had a badass attitude that I put up with because I realized I needed her. Although the last couple of days, I needed her more than ever. She was needed to identify the location of the magic I felt throughout the city, but she was missing when I needed her the most. Now, she wanted to show up like nothing ever happened.

"Where have you been?"

"Damnit, Mama! I told you I have a life that sometimes doesn't involve you. Is that so hard to believe your daughter likes to find a good dick to fuck sometimes?"

My head shook; it was something I did not need to hear, but it was my fault for pushing her to tell me where she was. It was true; she did need a life outside of the home. I was the one who preferred to sit home alone in my favorite spot by the window and look over New Orleans. It always reminded me of the first time I stepped foot here and how I became power-hungry, which drove me to kill my children and grandchildren.

"While you were out, did you feel the direction of the power surge that's been happening all week?"

"No, Mama. It felt like it was everywhere; I thought it was a freak storm the first day. The next day, I was sure it was a witch's power. Someone strong, almost like Yasmine's power, couldn't be her because she had been dead for over three hundred years... Right?" Something about how she said that made me think back to the day Yasmine's body was found on the long dirt road leading away from my house. Immediately, I realized something didn't add up as I glared over at Melissa's smirking face as he sipped her tea while reading the paper.

"IT WAS YOU!"

Two weeks after discovering where the twins were, Silas, Frank, Aniyah, and I were heading to Miami to the location where they were hiding

Two weeks after discovering where the twins were, Silas, Frank, Aniyah, and I were heading to Miami to the location where they were hiding. Of course, they left New Orleans thinking they could run from us, but the twins were about to get a rude awakening. "I don't understand why I needed to come with you and asshole over there. My babies need me; they transformed into babies two days ago, and I'm miles away.:

"You weren't the only one that had to leave your babies behind, Aniyah. How do you think I felt leaving Elias, Siren, Ophelia, and Lazarus? Let's do what we came here for; then we can leave." I didn't sign up to listen to my sister bitch about coming here. During the whole fight, she complained about how she had to leave her babies. It was good to know the plane had separate bedrooms, causing me to run into one, shutting her out. Now we were in a big ass penthouse trapped together, and I knew Frank had to have his own, but they chose to stay with us. Till tonight I was trapped, and Niyah didn't know the words shut the fuck up.