XX

Isaiah drove me to their mansion in his fancy black and red car that probably cost more than I'd ever make

When we got there, he didn't let go of my wrist as we got out and rushed up the stairs. His grip felt like cold steel.

He pushed me into a room where his sister was and locked the door behind me.

"I'm surprised he got you to come." Cecelia was wearing a pink robe, sitting on a bed with a pink satin duvet and tons of pillows. Her face was painted in makeup and her dyed hair was straight as a pin.

"I was kidnapped. What was I supposed to do?" Not like I could fight him off. "What are you going to do with me?"

I could think of a few painful theories.

"Our mother is hosting a soirée tonight."

"Another one? It seems like you have a party every week." I wasn't really in the mood for another dance. I just wanted to go home but it wasn't like I could try leaving without being noticed.

"She insists that it's an important one." She said then opened a door. I thought it was to another room but it was actually her walk-in closet. These vampires were so spoiled. "What dress size are you?"

"Two. But why kidnap me? Last time you sent an invitation and everything."

She started looking through the rack and picked out a few dresses that looked all too form fitting for me.

"Because we weren't sure you'd attend this time." She hung up a pink strapless mermaid dress but I shook my head. She took it back and offered a purple one with lots of glitter and tulle. I shook my head. "Why don't you come in and look?"

If it would make this night end quicker.

I walked over to her huge closet and looked through but most of her dresses were too showy and revealing.

"Don't you have anything normal?"

"These are all the latest styles straight from the runway!" Cecelia objected.

"I can tell." I pointed to a sheer ombré dress that came in two pieces. That just wasn't me.

"Maybe a more traditional style would be better suited." Cecelia said and opened the doors to a new section of her closet.

I looked at the ballgowns with a fuller skirt and elegant stitching. Much different than the glitzy, skin tight dresses.

"Well?"

"Better." I didn't want to be too picky so I chose the first one I saw. It was a royal blue gown with off the shoulder straps. "This one."

"Ah, good taste. I wore this to a debutante ball a century ago." She threw the dress at me. "Now change."

"Here?"

"Yes, here. We don't have much time, I still have to fix your hair and face."

I took off my clothes and stepped into the dress as quickly as possible then looked in the mirror. It was definitely the most expensive dress I'd ever worn. The fit was good and I liked how the silky satin felt around my legs and when I twirled—