X

Shopping after school was me and Lily's thing; we always went once a week and never invited anyone else because we used the time to confide in each other

Shopping after school was me and Lily's thing; we always went once a week and never invited anyone else because we used the time to confide in each other. So, I didn't really understand why she would randomly invite someone she barely knew along—especially if that someone was a deadly vampire.

The mall was crowded for a Tuesday afternoon as Lily, Cecelia, and I made our rounds. We started at Delia's and made our way up like usual.

Lily found something as soon as we stepped into the crowded store. "Do you guys think this is cute?" She asked Cecelia and I, holding a pink flowery tank top.

"I like it." It wasn't something I'd wear personally but it suited Lily's girly style.

"It's a tad too harsh for my eyes, and it makes you appear childish." Cecelia said bluntly.

"Hmmm," she thought for a bit, "You're right, it does make me look like a kid."

"Since when do you care about being too childish? You wear polka dots and scrunchies." That's what I liked about her, she always rocked whatever she wore. She was also the only person I knew that could pull off pigtails everyday.

"Yeah, well, maybe I should dress more my age." She put the tank back and followed Cecelia to the denim area.

The white denim jackets caught Cecelia's eye and she pinched the material between her perfectly-manicured fingers.

Lily nodded in approval but quickly put it back when she saw the price, "I hate being poor."

"Are you ready to leave?" Cecelia asked abruptly then added, "All of their items are cheaply made."

"Then explain the high prices." Lily joked.

We left Delia's after ten minutes and went into Wet Seal, another one of our favorite stores.

Cecelia was surprisingly fashionable despite the fact that she'd been alive for more than a thousand years. She knew the trends of the times and even better, could pull them off without even trying. But, she was stupid to think that she could fool me. She was still dangerous and needed to be watched at all times just in case she decided to make a meal out of Lily.

"Let's go in there," Cecelia pointed to Forever 21 after we'd visited three more stores. None of us had bought anything.

"Uh, we don't usually go in there, all of their stuff is super expensive."

But Cecelia wasn't listening, as she had already abandoned us and grabbed a purple velvet dress from a table.

I whispered to Lily, "I bet that dress costs more than fifty bucks."

"I was thinking seventy."

"It's actually twenty exactly," said Cecelia.

"Really?" Lily grabbed something from another table, "This shirt's actually under twenty bucks." She held it up to her neck. "Oh wait, it's a crop top."