Proposal

This oneshot is well overdue, I literally just finished writing it so there may be a few typos and such, but I'll iron them out later.

Here are the prompts I got for this one:

Would really love to know how nath proposes - lil_miss_tw_xx, TWFanFiction

Nathan proposing to her - tennispunk138, TWFanFiction

I would love to read a one shot of Nate proposing to sophie - Zayngirl99, TWFanFiction

Also the tune I imagine Nathan playing on the piano is the video on the side/at the top, it will make more sense when you actually read the oneshot

Anyway hope you all like it :)

"Nath?" I called as I closed the front door behind me and hung my coat up on the hook.

"I'm in the bathroom" he called back from upstairs. I kicked my shoes off and placed my bag down on the floor, before jogging up the stairs. As I walked towards the bathroom, I noticed the door was half-open and some steam was floating gently out. I pushed the door open a little wider and stepped inside, seeing Nathan sat on the edge of the bath, which was filled with water. He turned off the taps that were still running before turning to me, smiling and holding his arms out. I stepped between his legs and slid my arms around his neck, his arms enveloping my waist.

"Hey" I smiled.

"I've ran you a bath" he smiled, looking very proud of himself.

"Aw" I smiled back, nudging my nose against his, "you're so cute"

"Manly" he corrected.

"No, cute" I smirked, pressing a brief kiss against his lips, "thank you"

"Anytime"

"Will you be joining me?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow. He smirked and kissed my nose sweetly.

"I made this bath so you could relax after a long day" he told me, "you won't be able to relax if I'm there too"

"And why not?"

"Because I'll be naked and you'll be too busy staring at my body to relax" he teased, poking my nose.

"I've seen it plenty of times, I'm sure I'll manage" I tutted.

"I have a song I need to finish writing" he smiled, "you just relax and enjoy your bath, okay?"

I nodded as he stood up and cupped my face, pressing a soft, gentle kiss to my forehead before he left the room and closed the door behind him.

Bless him.

I quickly stripped off my clothes, tied my hair up in a bun and took my contact lenses out, replacing them with my glasses before climbing into the hot water. It was the perfect temperature; not too hot or too cold, and he'd put a bath bomb in for me which had made the water turn pink. Not only had he made me a bath for when I got home, he'd put a bath bomb in it too. How bloody cute is that?

I grabbed my phone and turning the volume up to full, clicking on my 'bath' playlist. Yes, I have a bath playlist, created especially for when I am in the bath. Don't ask. Anyway, I placed the phone on the side of the bath, the calming melodies of Ed Sheeran's voice drifting into my ears as I relaxed back into the hot water and closed my eyes.

I'm not sure how long I spent in the bath. Perhaps around an hour. I kinda lost track of time, just letting the music and the warm water envelop me. I could have stayed there all night but eventually I talked myself into climbing out of the warmth, quickly wrapping the fluffy towel that Nathan had left me around my body. I pulled the plug out of the bath and switched the music off, before leaving the bathroom. I began to make my way to the bedroom but the sound of a soft piano melody was drifting up the stairs. Instead of going to our bedroom, I made my way downstairs quietly, the music getting louder as I did. When I reached the lounge, the door was already open so I just leaned against the doorframe and admired Nathan from afar. He was sat at the piano, which meant he was facing away from me, fingers moving effortlessly over the keys. I didn't recognise the song - maybe it was one of his own compositions - but it was beautiful. One of those tunes that didn't need lyrics because the melody was so pretty that you could listen to it for hours and not get bored.