Surgery

Okay, so I said this idea when I first mentioned the Oneshots thing, it wasn't requested or anything. It's when Nathan had his voice surgery so I've used the two episodes of The Wanted Life which covers it to help me write is as realistically as possible but I've added Sophie in too. The links for the two episodes are below of you wanna watch them.

http://vimeo.com/69923333 (Episode 6)

http://vimeo.com/85368243 (Episode 7 part 1)

Also, I've been in a dead good mood because Tom followed me on Twitter when he did those follow sprees last week! And because I love all of you so much for reading my stories, I'm happy to DM any of your twitter usernames to Tom asking him to follow you. Obviously, I don't know whether he would or not but it gives you a better chance of getting a follow so if you don't have a Tom follow and would like me to DM your username to him, then just follow me in twitter (@becky51_tw) and then tweet me or leave a comment on here. I'll do them at some point over the next weekand I'll dm you the proof

Enjoy guys

"How you feeling?"

"Worse"

Poor Nath. His voice was just completely dead at the moment and didn't seem to be getting any better, no matter how much he rested it. We already been to the Doctor's back in a LA a few weeks ago and found that he had a nodule on his vocal chords, which explained why his voice had been deteriorating. Weeks of honey, lemon and voice rest hadn't seemed to work, making Nathan more and more depressed as the weeks went on. It was awful seeing him so down, especially when I couldn't really do anything about it except hug him and let him rant to me via a whiteboard, but I couldn't give him his voice back.

Right now, we were in the Bahamas. The boys had done a gig and the rest of the time we'd spent on the beach and we even went swimming with dolphins. It was Nathan's birthday too so we'd planned to go to celebrate, but at the moment, the plans were diminishing with every second.

"Let's give Dr Nasseri a call and figure out what it is we need to do" Nano suggested.

"Cool" Nathan muttered, leaning his head against the side of my leg defeatedly as I was sat on the arm of the couch next to him. I stroked his hair for a moment before gently pushing him away as Nano held the the phone out for him. He took it and dialled the doctor's number.

"Hello, it's Dr Nasseri" the doctor answer

"Hello" Nathan practically croaked, and then he cringed at the sound of his own voice, muttering to himself, "oh it's sounds terrible"

"Nathan, you sound terrible" Dr Nasseri confirmed.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying that and making him feel worse.

"I know" Nathan sighed.

"How are you doing?"

"Erm, not ideal, mate"

"Well, that just sounds worse than two weeks ago"

"Yeah, I haven't sang at all" Nathan explained, "I had to mime last night, yeah, I just don't sound great"

"We've gone through several weeks of voice rest, medicines, steroids, everything" Dr Nasseri replied, and I could feel that the worst was coming up, "and it's just not going in the right direction because you have a very unusual type of nodule. So basically, at this point Nathan, I think it's time for you to come back from the Bahamas and have surgery"

Surgery.

That was Nathan's worst fear, exactly what he didn't want to happen, the last resort. I winced and I felt my stomach drop for him, before placing a hand over his bare shoulder, rubbing my thumb soothingly over the skin.