Study Buddies (Sam & Jess)

I've decided to upload this today because I'm in a really good because James McVey from The Vamps followed me on Twitter today! And because I love you all so much for reading my stories, if you're fan of The Vamps and James doesn't follow you, I will DM your twitter name to him like I did to Tom when he followed me. So if you want a James McVey or a Tom follow, let me know and I'll do some more DMs :)

Anyway, this isn't a Sophie/Nathan oneshot, it's a Sam/Jess oneshot. It was vaguely mentioned in chapter 30 about Sam and Jess kissing on the sofa but you probably don't remember haha, anyway, this another Sam's POV written about that. To put it in context, Nathan and Sophie are on good terms again but Sam and Jess don't really know this yet, and it's before they all go to Disneyland (chapter 39 of WAA). I wrote a Sam/Jess oneshot to go with that chapter so if you wanna read that the link is:

http://www.wattpad.com/65183548-we-always-attract-oneshots-you%27re-in-denial-about

Or you can find it in my works on my profile, chapter 9 of We Always Attract oneshots.

I really like writing from Sam's POV for a change and thought this would be fun to write. Also, I'm pretty sure that someone asked me to do a Sam/Jess oneshot but I couldn't find the prompt so if that was you, I apologise but here's the oneshot for you.

Entering my English classroom that day, I almost felt excited about the lesson, even though I hate English with a passion. Deep down, I think I knew why I was in such a good mood but I chose to ignore that part of me.

My smile faltered a little when I entered the classroom and saw no blonde girl sat in the seat next to mine.

I trudged over to my seat and plonked myself down in my spot next to the window, dropping my bag on the floor. I pulled a pen out of my pocket and chucked it on the table, my eyes wandering up to the door to see if that head of blonde hair was going to appear around it any second.

God's sake, Sam, sort your head out.

The rest of the class piled in and I'm not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed when Jess didn't appear.

Where is she? She's never late for lesson.

Fifteen minutes into the lesson and she still hadn't turned up. I couldn't concentrate on whatever Mr Pearson was saying and instead of staring out of the window, daydreaming like usual, I was staring at the door, waiting for Jess to appear.

I can never bloody concentrate when she's here sat next to me and now I can't concentrate because she isn't here. What the hell is wrong with me?

Halfway into the lesson and Mr Pearson had got us analysing some extracts from Lord of the Flies, so I started daydreaming out of the window, facing the fact that Jess wasn't coming to this lesson. Also, I was really shit at English and I actually needed Jess to help me with it. She's not just a pretty face; she's actually really fucking clever too.

"Sam?"

I looked up to see it was Mr Pearson who had called me.

"I am doing my work-" I began to defend myself before he could accuse me of somethig.

"It's not that" he said, "I've just been given a note saying you need to go see Mr Harrison"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Why does Mr Harrison want to see me? I had him for music in year eight and nine when it was compulsory but I don't do it at GCSE. I can't do anything remotely musical. I mean, I have an electric guitar at home but I can't actually play anything on it. I don't take after my sister in that department.