The School Run

If you don't know already, I haven't updated for ages because I haven't had internet, don't get me started

Anyway, this is a random little oneshot that I wrote ages ago and never finished it and found the other day and thought you guys might like to read it, so here it is

I have a couple more that I'm close to finishing so I will upload them as soon as they're done

Also, I've updated the Jay/Chloe story so if you're reading that, please check it out

And if you haven't starting reading it yet, why not? ;)

Anyway, let me know what you think, I quite like this one.

I parked up with the rest of the parents on the side of the busy road, seeing the children starting to emerge in groups from the school gates. Nathan was sat in the passenger seat, wearing a pair of sunglasses and a beanie on his head in case he got recognised, but just looked like a bit of an idiot really.

I mean, beanie and sunglasses? Make your mind up, love.

And if you're wondering, no, this isn't a flash forward to the future where Nathan and I are picking up our first born from their first day at high school, or anything remotely as sentimental as that.

No, Nathan and I had come back home to Gloucester for a few days and as a welcome home present, my mum had asked me to pick my brother up from school.

I mean, not exactly sentimental.

We watched as the students started to disperse from the gates, some climbing into cars, some walking down the street with their friend, others riding past on bikes. I recognised a few of them from when I was at school here.

"I miss school" I said, "I mean like, year eleven when we were going out" I added quickly, "not sixth form, sixth form was shit"

I sighed, thinking back to year twelve and thirteen; Scott, break up, rumours, lies, depression...

I didn't want to think about that so pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind, just as Nathan's hand wrapped around mine, giving it a gentle squeeze. I looked up to a see him giving me a sympathetic smile. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed my knuckles softly.

"You coming round to mine tonight?" He asked, quirking one of those abnormally large eyebrows at me.

"You mean your mum's?" I smiled, as he lowered my hand and began playing with my fingers.

"Well, yeah" he muttered, rolling his eyes. Well, the sunglasses hid his eyes, but I presumed that he rolled them.

"Okay then" I replied, answering his question, "it feels like I haven't seen your mum for ages"

"I meant" he began, "come round so the two of us can talk and stuff, not chat to my mum all night"

"I wouldn't be chatting to your mum all night" I assured, before smirking to myself as I looked away from him and out of the window, "I'd be chatting to Jess as well"

He tittered, and I'm fairly certain another eye roll was thrown in there too.

"Oh shut up, Nath" I tutted, "I see you all the time"

"I know but I thought we could have some alone time tonight" a twinkle appeared in his eye, "you know, I think I still have the sexy maid's outfit somewhere in my room" he smirked, "we could get it out, reminisce..."

"It probably doesn't even fit me anymore" I laughed, "I'm sure I've put on weight since I was sixteen"

"No, you haven't" he shook his head.