Top Floor (Nathan's POV)

Had a random idea for this and wrote it yesterday. It's quite a sad oneshot and a little dark, particularly nearly the end, and contains triggers, just a warning.

The main song used in this is Top floor by Naughty Boy feat. Ed Sheeran, video is on the side or at the top (depends where you're reading). it's not a very well known song but I loved it straight away. it's dark and deals with suicide so just letting you know in case anything like that affects you. you don't have to listen to the song, the oneshot focuses more on the lyrics, but if you wanna listen please do.

For the sake of the story, lets just pretend that this song and the other songs used are all written by Sophie.

And to put into context, the oneshot is set during the tour whilst Nathan and Sophie are still on bad terms.

Enjoy :)

**Nathan's POV**

I huffed and switched the television off. There was nothing interesting on any of the channels. In fact, there was nothing interesting to do at all. Everybody else was asleep on the tourbus and I was the only one up so far.

I began to glance aimlessly around the room, looking for something interesting to pass some time with, when my gaze fell upon a blue notebook left on the kitchen counter. I recognised it instantly. It was Sophie's song book that she's had since she was fifteen, with every song she's ever written in it.

Standing up, I casually made my way over to the counter and placed my hand on top of the notebook. i knew I shouldn't go looking through it. It's very personal to her and I know that I wouldn't like someone snopping through all the songs I've written and reading them. I remembered her getting really pissed off with Chelsea that time in rehearsals when she'd looked though the notebook without Sophie's permission. I definitely shouldn't look in it.

I leaned my body to look down the aisle of the tourbus. Still no sign of movement from anyone. Everyone was still asleep. I chewed on my lip for a moment before picking up the notebook and opening it up on the first page before I could change my mind, seeing a page full of words in her loopy handwriting.

Please don't say you love me
'Cause I might not say it back
Doesn't mean my heart stops skipping when you look at me like that
There's no need to worry when you see just where we're at
Just please don't say you love me
'Cause I might not say it back

I remember her playing that one for me when we were younger. She said it was about me and the first time I'd told her I loved her. Even though her singing was amazing, I remember being astounded that she could write songs so well for someone so young. Both her singing and her songwriting skills have only gotten better with age.

I flicked through the next few pages, recognising more songs from when we were together and I had persuaded her to sing them to me.  They were all very cheesy, lovey-dovey, happy songs about our relationship. The cheesy, lovey-dovey, happy songs ended rather abruptly however, when I reached a page with just one half'-written verse-ful of lyrics on it. I couldn't actually make out what any of the words were because the ink was all smudged, like she spilled something on them and the paper was all crinkly. My stomach dropped when I realised that the splatters were actually tear stains. I guess it was written just after the break up. It reminded me of that night, when she came running to me in the park, crying her eyes out-

I pushed the memory to the back of mind and turned the page.

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down my face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made