Beautiful to Me (Top Floor Part II)

This oneshot has been requested by a couple of people, it's kinda like part 2 of the oneshot Top Floor, which is the oneshot before this one (chapter 14) so it would help if you read that one first.

Also, I've literally just finished writing it so it's not proof read and the ending's a bit crap because I just wanted to get it done, I will edit it in the future to make it better. here are the prompts:

It would be kind of interesting if you did a similar one shot where Sophie finds songs that Nathan wrote during that period of time and he catches her or something like that - tennispunk138, TWFanfiction

Think you should revisit it and get Nathan to ask her about the song and how depressed she got when they broke up - Daydreamer_Livii, TWFanFiction

The lyrics used in this chater are from these songs...

Beautiful to Me - Olly Murs (the video to this is on the side, I'm loving Olly Murs at the moment and I really love this song, it's so cute and kinda reminds me of Nathan and Sophie, check it out)

Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran

Show Me Love - The Wanted

Warzone - The Wanted

Everybody Knows - The Wanted

Hope you like it :)

I stirred the sugar and the milk in Nathan's tea before picking up the hot cup carefully in my hands carrying it out of his kitchen. I walked back into the living room where I'd left Nathan and placed the cup on the coffee table in front of him, before looking towards my boyfriend. I knelt down in front of him and gently brushed his short fringe away from his eyes, smiling to myself. He'd fallen fast asleep, his notebook and pen still in his hands from where he'd been writing some lyrics in it. I gently slid the book and the pen from out of his hands, causing him to stir slightly but not actually wake up.

I placed the pen on the coffee table but not the notebook. I kept it in my hand as I sat down on the wooden floor of Nathan's living room and leant back against the sofa.

Nosying through Nathan's notebook is not something I should be doing but I knew he wouldn't be too angry with me. If he was looking through mine, I wouldn't really mind that much. I was merely curious about what song he was currently working on.

I opened the book on the last page he had been working on.

She ties her hair up tight
Puts her armour on
When she steps outside
She lives in black and white
And the colour's gone
But it's in her eyes

Time and time again we're going back to the start
And I try and try again to bring some light to the dark
You know, every day's a battle and it tears her apart
And I don't know why

And I'm picking up the pieces when they fall to her feet
She's been fighting off the demons, though she'll never be free
She's been hiding in the shadows, yeah, it's hard to believe
No, I don't know why

Love, don't ever change the way you are
You light the sky just like a star
I don't care what you see
You're beautiful to me

I hid my face in my hands, even though Nathan was fast asleep and no one else could see me. This was exactly why I don't read Nathan's songs on a regular basis. At no other time do I feel so warm and happy and loved and at the same time, so awkward and embarrased. I mean, I get like that when Nathan tells me his feelings to my face, but when he puts them into a song, it becomes so much more powerful. Anyone can say they love someone, but to produce a beautifully written song about it is a talent only a handful of people can successfully achieve and I'm so proud to say that my boyfriend is one of those people.