100% (Nathan's POV)

I apologise for the lack of updates over the past few weeks, mainly due to exams, but now my exams are over and I have a lot of free time on my hands, which means I can write more and start updating again. Which I am very happy about :D

The prompt for this one shot is this one:

I just would like to request a oneshot, something around chapters 4-6 of SALMLAS from Nathan's POV. I honestly think it would be cute if it was like something where Nathan starts to realise he has feelings for Sophie - NatashaTW, Wattpad

The oneshot, like the prompt asks, is set around the early chapters of SALMLAS, somewhere after their first kiss and before Nathan asks Sophie to sing with him.

"Dude, stop staring"

"I'm not staring at her" I scoffed defensively, turning to look at Jack who was sat next to me. He had both eyebrows raised and a knowing grin sat smugly on his face.

"I didn't even specify what you were staring at but you knew who I meant" he smirked. He'd got me there.

"Whatever" I muttered, scowling at him and turning back to Mr Matthews. I knew that he was saying something about women's suffrage in the twentieth century but I wasn't entirely sure on the specifics. What I was sure about was that Sophie's hair was in a messy high ponytail today, which really suited her, and the way she chewed on the end of her pen when she was thinking about what to write was kind of (extremely) cute.

And she was actually fascinating to watch. She had the most amusing facial expressions, particularly when the more... shall we say mentally challenged members of the class provided slightly stupid and superficial answers.

"You're doing it again"

"Piss off"

"She's gonna notice soon that you keep drooling over her, mate" Jack said, "and it's gonna creep her out"

"I'm not drooling" I scoffed quickly, "I'm not drooling over anyone!"

"Alright, no need to get so defensive"

"I'm not getting defensive!"

"Is there a problem, lads?" Mr Matthews asked loudly, causing both Jack and I to shut up, whilst the rest of the class turned to face our direction. Including Sophie, I presumed, but didn't risk a glance to see if she was.

"No" Jack replied.

"Good" Mr Matthews said, "be quiet then" before he went back to talking about... what was it again? Women? Voting?... Suffrage, women's suffrage, yeah, that. But you know, Sophie's a female also and she's way more interesting.

"So you planning on getting off with her again?" Jack asked quietly.

"I didn't really 'get off' with her" I argued, "we just kissed, like, once"

"Heard she was proper into you though, mate"

"Well, yeah" I smirked, feeling a little smug, "grabbed my shirt and practically forced herself on me"

"Yeah, heard you begged her to" he sniggered a little.

"No, no that's not what- I didn't" I began defensively, my voice going a pitch higher, "I didn't beg her, Jesus, its just... it wasn't- I didn't..."

"Yeah, okay" Jack laughed, as though he didn't believe my argument. Let's be honest, could you really call it an argument?

"I didn't beg her" I replied flatly, folding my arms over my chest.

"That's really quite sad, mate"

"I didn't-"

"... Lads!"