52 Reasons (Nathan's POV)

I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I've updated, I just haven't had a lot of time to write because I've had so much work at uni

I also finished the Jay and Chloe story a few weeks ago so check that out if you haven't already :)

But I really hope you guys like this one :)

I slumped down in the chair in my dressing room after a long, and pretty crappy soundcheck. For the past couple of days, I'd been feeling a bit down and it was beginning to show in my performance. Not necessarily in the actual show because I had to put effort into them; I mean, the audience was filled with fans who had come just to see me. However, my soundchecks left little to be desired. No one was paying to come and see those so I just wasn't feeling up to putting my full effort in. The crew were starting to notice and I knew Rachel was getting concerned. She kept giving me those sympathetic looks and I could tell she was close to having a 'motherly chat' with me.

It was just so hard not being with Sophie. Of course I could message her and call her and Skype her, but it isn't the same. Seeing her through a screen isn't the same as seeing her in person. I can't see all those tiny little details that no one else would notice but she wouldn't be Sophie without. I can't hold her in my arms and breathe in her scent and feel her skin against mine.

If only she was here, even just for a few hours, I know that I would feel better. But she was busy back at home with gigs and recording and there was no time in her schedule for a flight to America and back, and there was no time In mine either. Crossing a whole ocean isn't exactly like nipping to the shops. is it?

It never gets easier. You'd think that the more times we get separated by tours and gigs and interviews, the more we'd get used to it. If anything, it gets harder.

But that moment when I see her in person for the first time in months... that bit gets better every time. That moment makes all the struggles and the hard work and the upset worth it. I guess if anything good comes from being apart from the one you love so much is that you really appreciate the time you do spend with them and it makes you work harder to make those moments special.

Right now, I was craving that moment when I see her again.

I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair, mussing it up even more and probably making it look even worse.

"You alright, Nath?" Rachel asked me from across the room.

"Mhmm" I hummed, staring at the table in front of me so I didn't have to make eye contact with her.

"You don't sound it" she sighed, "or look it"

She walked over to where I was sat and squeezed my shoulder comfortingly.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing" I shrugged, trying to downplay the issue.

"What's wrong?" She persisted and I knew she wasn't going to let it go now.

"I just... I'm just missing Soph a bit, that's all" I said, before shaking my head, "it sounds really stupid"

"It's not stupid" she reassured me, "it's not stupid at all, you love her and you haven't seen her for weeks"

I exhaled loudly and dragged my hands over my face. Was it only weeks since I'd last seen her in person? It felt like years...