Tickets

Another oneshot as promised, this one's got a lot of Lacey in it and Nathan and Sophie being all cute with her so I hope you like it. This was the prompt...

You could do a one shot when Lacey comes to stay with them in London for the weekend and they bring her to a JB concert - Daydreamer_Livii, TWFanfiction

Enjoy

I blew out a sigh and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear as I scribbled down ideas in my notebook, blocking out the hustle and bustle of the busy train station surrounding me. I took a sip of my Starbucks hot chocolate and tapped my pencil against the table, trying to think of a word that rhymed with "bellend".

It was an angry song. I write those well.

After another two minutes of absolutely nothing coming to mind, I huffed and scrapped the song altogether, deciding it wasn't working anyway.

Just as I slammed the pen down with a huff, my phone vibrated on the table. I picked it up, glad of the sudden distraction and opened the text from my cousin, Ciaran.

Just landed, we're on platform 4

Okay, on my way was my reply.

I shoved my phone and my notebook into my shoulder bag and picked up my hot chocolate, before leaving the table at Starbucks and making my way into the main part of the train station. I located platform four and stepped onto it.

"Sooophieeee!" I heard a young girly voice squeal, making several people turn around to watch the eight-year-old girl running toward me, not that I really cared. I just grinned at Lacey and opened my arms out, which she ran straight into. I scooped her off the floor, trying not to spill my hot chocolate whilst twirling her around in a circle, before sponging a smattering of kisses across her face and cheeks.

"Hello" I smiled as she cupped my face in return and pressed her lips against my nose with a loud 'mwah' and a giggle, "did you have a good train ride?"

"Lacey didn't stop talking for most of it, did you, Lace?" He smiled sweetly but with a sarcastic tone to his voice. She just stuck her tongue out at him.

"I was excited" she argued.

"Of course you were, you couldn't wait to rid of him, could you?" I teased, nodding at Ciaran as I spoke.

"Hilarious" he muttered.

"I know I am"

"Anyway, here's her overnight bag" he said, handing me a pink backpack which I slung over my shoulder, "there's some money in the front pocket in case she needs it, so make sure to keep it safe, and don't feed her any crap"

"I won't feed her any crap" I reassured. Chocolate ice cream's not crap, right?

"I'm just saying" he retorted, "anyway, I'm gonna leave her in your hands now" he sighed, "don't let her wander off"

"I never wander off!" Lacey breathed, her brows furrowing, clearly shocked by his accusations.

"No, course you don't" he tutted, rolling his eyes before turning to me, "you better look after her"

"I will" I replied, lowering her down to the floor so her feet were safely on the ground again.

"And if you need anything, just ring me"

"I will" I nodded, "are you sure you don't want a lift anywhere?"

"No, it's fine" he dismissed my offer, "my mate doesn't live faraway, he said he'd pick me up"

"More drinking time?" I smirked, quirking an eyebrow. Ciaran just grinned and nodded.

He'd come down to visit some friends he knew whilst Lacey stayed with me and Nathan for the weekend.