Valentine's

A little oneshot to celebrate Nathan's birthday :)

So basically I had a dream the other night (and this is genuinely real) that Nathan was my boyfriend and it was Valentine's day and he called me up and started singing down the phone to me. No joke. Obviously I was gutted when I woke up to realise Nathan wasn't actually my boyfriend and wouldn't be calling me, but I thought I'd use it to inspire a oneshot so here you go.

That Thursday I was rudely awoken by the sound of my phone vibrating loudly on my wooden bedside table. In my sleepy daze, I ignored it and snuggled my face further into the pillow. After a few long moments, the vibrating stopped and I began to drift back into my slumber.

However, within seconds, the vibrating began again. I groaned, knowing that whoever was trying to get in touch with me wasn't going to give up. I reluctantly slid my arm out from under the covers, feeling around until my fingers hit the plastic, curling around it and pulling it under the duvet. I squinted at the bright screen to see Nath flashing in big letters, along with the picture of him that I'd set as his contact picture. He hadn't known I was taking it until the very last second but even in the spontaneity of the picture, he still managed to look incredibly beautiful.

I pressed the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

"What?" I mumbled bluntly, my voice croaky at the first word I spoke that day.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining, her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying" Nathan's voice sang tunefully through the phone, "She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday"

"What are you doing?" I murmured, still half asleep.

"I know, I know when I compliment her she won't believe me" he continued, "and it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see"

"Stop it" I murmured, feeling my face begun turning pink, even though no one could see me. I hid my blushing face with my hand as I scrunched my features up, only to hide the smile that was threatening to break through. So cute. He was so ridiculously cute...

"But every time she asks me, 'Do I look okay?' I say"

"Oh my God"

He ignored me and sang louder.

"When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change, because you're amazing, just the way you are"

"Sophie!" Gabby called from somewhere in the flat, "I think there's someone at the door for you!"

"And when you smile..."

"You better not be stood outside my door, Sykes" I told him as I pushed the duvet off me and climbed out of the bed. He just chuckled to himself as he sang.

"...The whole world stops and stares for a while" he continued as I grabbed my glasses and stumbled tiredly through the flat, wiping away crust from my eyes as I pushed my glasses up my nose, "'Cause, girl, you're amazing, just the way you are"

"Chloe, you might wanna see this" Gabby called from her spot at the top of the hall as I passed her and made my way towards the front door.

"Her lips, her lips, I could kiss all day if only she'd let me" Nathan sang down the phone but he could also be heard from behind the front door too, "her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's god-damn sexy"

"I'm here" Chloe chirped as from somewhere behind me, "What have I missed?"

"She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday" Nathan belted, making Chloe gasp and then squeal in delight.