quarante-quatre.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter forty-four.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel sat on the arm of one of Tom's sofas, slightly tipsy (or maybe drunk) from the amount of drinks she'd had that evening.

     It was Tom's twenty-third birthday, and he'd organised a little party at his flat. He hadn't invited loads of people, mainly just some of his friends from home. He was having another small break from the Spider-Man: Far From Home press tour, and so he wanted something low-key rather than something extravagant. Rani, Katie, and Hazel had all accepted an invitation as well, not wanting to pass up the opportunity of a party.

     Although, Isabel was happy that Tom had opted for something low-key. She felt like she'd constantly been looking over her shoulder ever since the article had come out. The last few nights that Tom had been back, the two had decided to stay in rather than going out to eat, like they usually did.

     Everyone was currently sitting in the living area, listening to Harry and Sam tell as many embarrassing stories of Tom as they could. Tom had one hand draped around Isabel's waist, the other covering his eyes as he desperately tried to ignore what his brothers were saying.

     ". . . Anyway, so at this point, Mum finally realises that he's drunk out of his mind," Harry continued the story, barely being able to speak for laughing so hard, "but Tom still thinks he's doing a good job of pretending to be sober. So then he says he's hungry and he's going to make some food ― he decides to make cereal and ends up spilling the milk all over the counter! Mum was trying so hard not to laugh. Eventually Sam and I dragged him to bed. He was so hungover the next day, he couldn't even remember anything!"