soixante-sept.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter sixty-seven.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     "Okay, it's ready!" Tom called from the bottom of the small garden.

     Isabel, her housemates, and Faiza cheered.

     It was the end of June, and the British summer was reaching it's peak. The heat was slowly becoming unbearably hot, and so the women of twenty-seven Cavendish Street, along with their respective partners, had bought a cheap paddling pool to laze about in during the evenings.

     Tonight, they were having a barbecue, something everyone had been looking forward to. They'd bought a proper barbecue, rather than using disposable ones like they'd previously done (they were doing their best to reduce their waste). They'd also bought far too much food and alcohol ― it would definitely last them a while. Hazel, of course, was making as many cocktails as possible. She'd even bought the correct alcohol this time and was following the recipes in her book!

     The women all ran from the living room to where Tom had set up the paddling pool in the small garden. The house didn't have an outdoor tap, and so Tom had filled buckets up in the kitchen and carried them outside instead. Everyone had insisted that it wasn't that big of a deal, but Tom was adamant that he'd get it set up for them.

     Everyone dipped their toes into the water, then remarked on how refreshing it was, before sitting cross-legged in the pool in a circle.

     "Tom, I am so glad you did this," Katie breathed, splashing some water on her neck to cool herself down.