dix-neuf.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter nineteen.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Rani's surprise party had almost been a total success. Turns out she'd heard the others talking about it in Isabel's room when she was having a bath weeks ago ― the walls were incredibly thin in twenty-seven Cavendish Street. But since she was an actor and all, she still acted surprised when she'd entered the venue.

     It was still a great party, though. Tom had actually found the place. When Isabel had told him about how she was trying to organise a party for Rani's birthday, he'd done all he could to find the perfect venue. And to be fair to him, he'd done good. It was a rooftop bar with fairy lights strung across the place and plants scattered everywhere.

     Isabel was having a blast. She was wearing a fuschia-coloured dress that she'd bought back in the summer in Camden, on the day Rani had her first audition. Despite usually being the life and soul of the party, Isabel was the designated mother of the party and so had limited the amount of alcohol she was drinking. Luckily, no-one had been a mess and needed taken care of, and so Isabel was having a great time.

     It was near the end of the party, and just a few people were left: Isabel, Rani, Tom, Hazel, Katie, and Harry, Tom's brother. Rani, Katie, and Hazel were almost fast asleep on one of the sofas, clearly exhausted from the hours of partying. Isabel, Tom, and Harry were checking everything was okay with the venue owners before they all left and headed back to the hotel.

     Isabel and Tom, the most sober people, stuffed the others into a taxi and sent them off to the hotel, deciding that they would instead just walk back to the hotel since it was only twenty minutes . The route took them along the edge of the Tiergarten park, and they talked about the past few days that they'd spent together.

     Isabel had barely rested since she'd arrived in Berlin. She'd gone to see the filming a few times ― once she had been an extra in a club scene, and another two times just to see Rani in her element. In first year, she'd been in a couple small productions with the university's drama society and Isabel had of course supported her, but it was so different seeing her best friend in an actual film. 

     And it was cool to see Tom in his element too. Isabel had only seen him act in the Avengers films (not that she could really remember it), and so to see him transition from Tom Holland to his on-screen character was something she admired. The other day, the two had sat down together so Isabel could explain the history of which the film took place in, since Tom didn't understand it. "Just as well I've made friends with someone smart," he'd said when Isabel had finished her mini-lecture on the topic.

     Isabel had also been sightseeing along with Hazel and Katie, and Rani too when she was free. Katie wanted to try as much of the local cuisine as possible, whilst Isabel wanted to go to as many museums as possible. Hazel didn't care where they went as long as someone would take photos for her. The four of them had of course been out to dinner with Tom and Harry a few nights ago. Hazel, Rani, and Katie ― and even Harry ― had spent the evening rolling their eyes at Isabel and Tom, who had apparently been flirting none-stop.

     The two arrived back at the hotel, and slowly made their way up to their floor. It was past three in the morning. Luckily Isabel could stay in bed for as long as she wanted, but Tom had to be up early for more filming. Rani too.

     "By the way," Tom said, his voice raspy from singing all evening, "you left your sweater here the other day, if you wanna . . ."

     He pointed to his hotel door as the two stood in the hallway.

     Isabel nodded her head, and the two headed into Tom's suite. It was quite neat, something that Isabel hadn't really expected since Tom gave off a more "I put something down but now I can't find it" vibe, in her opinion.

     "We're doing a night shoot tomorrow, if you want to come," Tom announced as he handed the sweater over to Isabel.

     She took hold of it and gently folded it.

     "Yeah, that'd be cool," Isabel nodded, "Not sure if Katie will be able to make it. I think it'll take her a week to recover from tonight. Hazel will probably be there though, what with her never getting hangovers."

     The two smiled at each other, both desperately trying to keep their eyes open. They said their goodbyes, and Isabel headed towards the door. She placed her hand on the door handle, but paused and turned to face Tom.

     "I like you!" she blurted out, for whatever reason she couldn't understand.

     Tom stood still, looking at Isabel with his soft doe eyes.

     Shit. Why on earth did she say that?!

     "It's just . . ." Isabel thought carefully over what she wanted to say, "I really like you. I like talking to you every evening. I like seeing your messages first thing when I wake up. I like how everyday you ask about what I learn about at uni despite the fact that you clearly don't understand it. I like that you tell me to take more time for myself. And . . . I look forward to all of that. Every single day. I was so excited to come to Berlin, just because you were here. And it's been killing me not knowing where we stand. So . . . I like you."

     Tom was still looking at Isabel, the same expression on his face. Isabel was prepared to just leave, and dive into her bed and wish that it would swallow her up.

     Then he spoke.

so

so . . . here it is! who wants to guess what'll happen next?