trente-sept.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter thirty-seven.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel was sitting in the foyer of Tom's apartment building, trying to avoid looks from the people who did actually live there.

     It was the sixteenth of April, which meant that it was the day that Tom finally returned from Atlanta. She'd been messaging Harry all day, making sure that she knew exactly when Tom would be coming home so she could be waiting for him. According to Harry, they'd gone straight from the airport to their parents house so Tom could pick up Tessa. It was just gone eight, which meant that Tom would be arriving at any second.

     Tom had been right about spending time apart ― it really had flown by. And of course, what with Tom visiting half-way through filming, it wasn't as bad as Isabel thought it would be. They'd messaged each other every day, and they'd called each other nearly just as much. They'd had date nights over facetime, which meant Isabel having dinner and Tom having lunch due to the time difference. Isabel had helped Tom practice his lines if he felt nervous about the day's filming ― Isabel probably knew the whole film off by heart already.

     But this was all still soured by the tweet that Isabel had seen a couple weeks ago. She'd sent it to Tom immediately, and called him in a frenzy. She knew that dating someone famous came with its caveats, but she was so used to living in a bubble that it had shocked her to the core.

     Tom had shown his publicist, who had then spent the following week intently waiting to kill any article about the come out that suggested that Tom Holland had a girlfriend. But nothing happened. Maybe not enough people saw the tweet, Tom had reassured Isabel. But she was still scared.