deux.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter two.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel propped up her small selection of records on her chest of drawers next to her Eiffel Tower lamp, finally feeling that she was home. She took her sunglasses off the top of head and placed them on a small pile of books, adjusting the angle so that it looked just perfect.

     She took a seat at the desk chair, swinging around and admiring her new room. The walls were a horrible cream colour, although there were so many things pinned up it was barely noticeable. At least she had a double bed though, a luxury she had missed out on in the flat she had lived in during first year.

     Given that she would be living here for the next two years, she really wanted to make it as much like home as possible. She had Polaroid pictures of her family and friends tacked up around the room, along with postcards she'd picked up at art galleries she'd visited over the years. A pile of books was already stacked up next to her desk, a sure sign of the amount of work she would be doing when she started university in the next couple months. Taped to the wall above her desk was a calendar, with stickers on the various deadlines she had to meet within the next year.

     Isabel picked up her phone from her bedside table and took some photos of her room, sending them to her family group chat. Her mum instantly replied, and then sent a photo of their dog sat on Isabel's bed at home, along with the caption "Baguette misses you already!".

     Reminiscing about the last night she'd spent at home, Isabel desperately tried to not feel homesick. She really didn't have time for that.

     Instead, she focused on the positives. Firstly, she was going to be spending the rest of the summer, and the next two years, living with her three best friends. Secondly, Rani had her audition to look forward to. And thirdly, she was going to be so busy in the coming months, she would hardly have time to feel homesick.

     Isabel stood up, looking around her room once more to make sure everything looked perfect.

     The only thing missing were flowers, but her and Hazel had plans to buy some from the florist up the road in the morning.

     She made her way into the kitchen, joining her three best friends. There was a large pile of chocolate wrappers scattered across the kitchen counter. A nearly empty box of Celebrations sat on the counter, but no doubt that all the good ones had already been taken. There was also a large box filled with cupcakes, courtesy of Hazel's mum, but they wouldn't be touched whilst the chocolates still had everyone's attention.

     "So," Rani secured the lid on to the chocolate box, batting away Katie's hand, "what time are we getting Wagamama?"

     "Can we get it soon," Hazel placed a hand on her belly, "I'm starving."

     "Same here," Isabel agreed, "I haven't eaten since I was on the train. And what films are we watching tonight? We never agreed on any."

     "There's nothing good on Netflix, I already checked," Katie announced, to which everyone agreed.

     "Oh! Can we go to the cinema?" Rani blurted out her new idea, "I still haven't seen Avengers: Infinity War yet, and it's been out all summer already."

     Katie and Hazel agreed straight away, immediately theorising which characters they believed were going to die. A toss up between Captain America and Iron Man, apparently.

     "Listen, I'm happy to go," Isabel jumped into their conversation, "but bear in mind I haven't seen any of the previous films before. I'll have no idea what's going on."

     "Oh don't worry," Katie reassured Isabel, "I'll give you a recap on the way there. But just know, a lot of people will probably die, so don't get emotionally attached to anyone."

     Rani and Hazel burst out laughing. Isabel, on the other hand, was truly lost for words.

     "Well, I don't think I want to see it anymore!" Isabel began to laugh as well, "I promise I won't get emotionally attached to anyone. But we've still got to celebrate Rani's good news!"

     "It's only a call back, it's doesn't mean anything," Rani blushed, looking away from everyone.

     Immediately, everyone raised their voices, telling Rani that she should believe in herself more and have more confidence.

     "Look, we're going to celebrate your success, Rani," Hazel said matter of factly, "so we're going to get some nice wine in and just have a chill night. After being emotionally devastated by the Avengers."

     "And when we say 'wine'," Isabel added "we mean buying the cheapest wine we can find. Because even though living in London is so amazing, everything here is so expensive!"

first irl chapter! let me know what you think!! Apologies for posting this twice in like 12 hours ― I made some edits to the chapter before publishing it but I only realised this morning that for some reason they weren't saved, so I've just republ...

first irl chapter! let me know what you think!! Apologies for posting this twice in like 12 hours ― I made some edits to the chapter before publishing it but I only realised this morning that for some reason they weren't saved, so I've just republished this again with the correct edits!