quarante-neuf.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter forty-nine.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel was once again having Sunday lunch at the Holland household, something that had become a regular occurrence in her life in recent months. Tom was home from the US for the weekend, and so Isabel was spending as much time with her boyfriend as possible. Sam was making Sunday lunch, and the couple couldn't turn the opportunity down.

     The family and Isabel were all clearing up the table after finishing the meal. Isabel was constantly asking Sam for cooking tips so that she could improve her meals at home ― she was getting tired of eating pasta multiple times in a week.

     Isabel was helping Nikki clean up in the kitchen, despite Nikki's initial protests. The boys had all headed into the living room to catch a football match. Every few minutes, the two women could hear the men shouting at the TV, either in jubilation or in disappointment. Both Isabel and Nikki did their best to show their support when the football was on, but everyone knew that neither of them were actually interested in it.

     "Tom says you're busier than usual at the moment what with being in your third year," Nikki commented as they loaded up the dishwasher.

     "Mm-hm," Isabel replied, "I had a meeting with my tutor about my dissertation because I was super stressed, but he reassured me that I'm well ahead of everyone else, so I haven't really got much to worry about. And I started this internship last month as well. It's at Liberty ― they're an advocacy group. They basically go to court to defend civil liberties and human rights and stuff. I help out with the volunteers who do the legal work. It's actually really interesting."