quarante-cinq.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter forty-five.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel had hardly stopped talking for the last hour.

     Today was the day that Tom arrived in France. She'd driven from her little village of La Hauteville to the airport in Paris to go pick him up, nearly speeding the entire way since she was so excited to see him.

     Tom had spent the last few weeks in London with his family after being away for most of the year already. Isabel was spending a few weeks with her family in France, and whilst she loved being with her family and not doing university work, she missed Tom so much. Even though Tom's visit to France had been planned for a while, Isabel's mum had been mentioning that she wanted to meet Tom every single day. Neither of her children had ever introduced their partners to her before, and so she couldn't contain her excitement.

     Isabel had arrived at the airport nearly an hour early just in case Tom's flight landed earlier than expected (it hadn't). She'd ended up sitting in a café and scrolling through Instagram and Twitter for the entire time.

     She could safely say that seeing Tom walk through the doors and into the arrivals area was one of the happiest moments of her life. They'd ran up to each other and embraced, putting any other couple reuniting to shame.

     ". . . So then we can go to this restaurant in town ― well, it's the only restaurant in town, actually ― I used to work there so they always give me free desserts," Isabel rambled on as she told Tom the plans she'd made whilst he was staying over, "then the next day is Steve's birthday, so we have to do whatever he wants and he'll probably make you hang out with him all day. It'll just be the five of us for most of the day, but one of my uncles and a couple of cousins will drop by for a few hours since they'll be in the area."