cinquante-huit.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter fifty-eight.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel typed away furiously on her laptop, trying to ignore everyone around her.

     It was the first day of her final semester at university, and she was desperately trying not to listen to everyone talking about that fact.

     Everyone seemed to be having an absolute crisis over what they were doing after university. Back in first year, graduating had been such a far off concept that it didn't seem worth thinking about the future. Now, they were due to graduate in just a few short months and no-one seemed to have any plans.

      Completing the assigned task, Isabel slammed her laptop shut. Glancing at the clock, she realised there were still fifteen minutes left of the seminar. She smirked to herself, glad that she'd pushed through so that she wouldn't have to worry about completing it later. She took her phone out from her bag and sent Tom a text ― the two were meeting up and going out for lunch with Katie and Faiza once the seminar was over.

     "What's your plan then, Isabel? For after uni?" Yui glanced at Isabel, noticing she'd finished her work.

     "Hm? Oh, um . . ." Isabel put her phone down on the table and turned her attention to her friend, "I'm doing ― well, hopefully ― a graduate law degree. I've applied to a few places, but I won't hear back for a couple months I don't think."

     "Exciting!" Yui responded, "at least you've got a plan. I feel like I can't find the right thing to do."

     "Well, you don't have to have your life sorted now," Isabel tried to advise, "you're only twenty-one. You might only find your dream career in a decade's time. My dad's a trained biochemist but when we moved back to France in twenty-sixteen he decided to become a garden landscaper and now it's his dream job. So you know, maybe you'll find your dream job in the future sometime."