cinquante-trois.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter fifty-three.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel fumbled in her coat pocket for her keys, her hands being totally frozen since it was so cold outside and she'd forgotten to wear her gloves when she left for uni in the morning.

     It was the day after she'd had her conversation with her mum and Tom about the whole situation. She wasn't mad at Hazel anymore ― she understood now that she'd been a shit friend. She'd just needed someone else to tell her.

     Opening the door and picking up a few letters that had come through the letterbox, Isabel made her way into the kitchen. She could hear that the TV was on in the adjoining living room, and by the sound of what was on the TV (Fleabag), Isabel knew it was Hazel.

     Isabel dumped her bag on to the kitchen table and shook off her jacket, hanging it over the back of a chair. Tucking her hair behind her ears and taking in a deep breath, she gently pushed open the door into the living room.

     "Can we talk?" Isabel timidly asked the blonde woman sitting on the sofa.

     Hazel immediately nodded her head and paused the TV. A short silence ensued between the two of them.

     "I'm so sorry!" they both blurted out at the exact same second.

     "Wait, why are you sorry?" they continued speaking at the same time.

     Hazel laughed, "okay ― me first. I'm sorry. I was a complete bitch and I was way out of line when I said that about you and Tom ―"

     "What?! Hazel ― you were completely right! I've been an awful friend to you guys recently!"