vingt et un.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter twenty-one.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel stepped off her train at St Pancras Station, lugging her suitcase behind her. She'd returned from Berlin, gone back to uni, spent Christmas with her family in France, and now she was back in London. She'd only been home for ten days, but she desperately wished she could have stayed there for longer.

     It had been a good Christmas, and it had even been nice that Steve was home as well, although Isabel would never actually admit that to anyone. It had been good for her to go home for a while ― over the last few weeks she'd been inundated with assignments at university, as well as tutoring some teenagers so she could earn some money on the side. So she'd given herself a mini-break whilst at home, only doing a small amount of uni work.

     But now she was back in London. It felt like a completely different place now. Like it used to be her home but now it wasn't. Which of course wasn't true.

     She would have stayed in France for a while longer, except tomorrow night was New Year's and Tom was hosting a party. Not that he'd invited her, Rani had.

     Isabel and Tom had barely spoken at all since Berlin. The only time they interacted was on a group chat with the both of them, Rani, Hazel, Katie, Harry, and Harrison that had been made back when The Grey City had wrapped. Other than that, they never talked. So Isabel had actually been right when she said her and Tom would never be the same following what he said to her. She wondered if he missed her as much as she missed him.

     Katie and Rani were meant to be meeting Isabel at the station. The two lived near each other and so had travelled back to London together after Christmas. Hazel was arriving in the evening.