soixante.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter sixty.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel absent-mindedly flicked through the pages of a book she was meant to be reading, every now and then highlighting something that might be important and then typing a few notes on to her laptop. Realising that she'd been hunched over her desk for nearly an hour, she leaned backwards and stretched her back, ignoring the horrendous clicking sounds coming from her spine.

     Tom was laid on her bed playing a game on his Nintendo Switch. He was mostly silent, but occasionally let out a grumple when he lost the game. Seeing Isabel stretching, he did the same, reaching his arms above his head and moving his head from side to side.

     Isabel's phone sounded, indicating a new email notification. Like a reflex, she lunged over to her bedside table and grabbed it, opening the email and quickly scanning the text.

     "Your application has been received and is being reviewed," Isabel read the email out loud. She sighed, and placed the phone back on the bedside table.

     "It's only been a day," Tom tried to reason, "and they'll be getting a lot of applications."

     The previous day, Isabel had sent her application to study law at Columbia University in New York City. Now, every time her phone made a sound, she desperately checked the notifications to see if there was a response. But Tom was right ― it had only been a day. She hadn't even heard back from any of the other places she'd applied to, so it was obvious that Columbia wouldn't respond anytime soon.