trente-neuf.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter thirty-nine.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     Isabel and Tom walked through the streets of Kingston upon Thames, a comfortable silence between them. Isabel's mind was doing somersaults, as it had been doing since yesterday.

     Today was the day that Isabel was meeting Tom's parents. She could barely sleep last night because she was so nervous. But, as Steve and all of her housemates had reminded her, she had met parents before, and just because they were Tom's parents didn't make this any different.

     "Stop stressing about this!" Tom said, squeezing Isabel's hand and kissing her on the cheek, "they're gonna love you, and you're gonna love them!"

     Isabel gave a weak smile, but she still felt nervous.

     The two turned a corner on to the street where Tom had spent most of his childhood. When they had first met, Tom was always telling stories of how he and his brothers would play in the street and their mum would be so worried what with all the cars.

     They approached the house, making their way down the path to the front door. Isabel looked at Tom, hoping for another look of reassurance, and took a deep breath. She clutched a bunch of flowers that were for Nikki and Dom, even though Tom had insisted that she didn't need to get them anything.

     Tom gave Isabel one last reassuring kiss on the cheek, and then he opened the door.

     Eighties music was blaring from the kitchen down the hallway, no doubt Dom's choice, and Isabel could vaguely hear Sam and Harry bickering.