soixante et un.

°•*⁀➷MADE TO BREAK YOUR HEART
( ੈ 💔 * 🌇 ೃ 🥀 )
chapter sixty-one.

-ˏˋ⋆ Isabel & Tom ⋆ˊˎ-

     It was Tuesday, the twenty-fifth of February. Shrove Tuesday. Or Pancake Day, as absolutely everyone in the United Kingdom called it.

     When Isabel had moved from France to England at eleven years old, she couldn't believe that there was an entire day dedicated to pancakes. Well, technically it wasn't, but no-one seemed to care about the religious implications of the day and instead fixated on making pancakes. 

     Back in first year, Isabel, Rani, Katie, and Hazel had gone out to a pancake house to celebrate the day. In second year, the women had had a pancake making competition ― Isabel had made French crêpes, Hazel had made American-style pancakes, Katie had made buttermilk pancakes, and Rani was forced to sit the activity out due to being a bad cook.

     This year, Isabel had been coerced into being sole chef and making pancakes for the entire house. Not that she minded. It would be a nice way for all of them to simply chill out for a couple hours and not worry about their university work.

     Seeing the time had reached six-thirty, Isabel saved the notes she had been making and closed her laptop down. She pulled on her slippers and her (or rather, Tom's) pink hoodie, and left her bedroom to make her way downstairs to the kitchen.

     Rani and Katie were already sat at the tiny kitchen table, seemingly awaiting for the designated chef to arrive.

"You're here!" Rani exclaimed, "we were just discussing what we bought for toppings."