Chapter 34

Loki changed forms to Lady Loki to join them as they left. She felt better shopping with the group when she was female. It was more fun for her. They walked down to the garage with Bucky to meet up with Nat and Wanda.

Bucky was wearing a long-sleeved shirt to hide his metal arm. Gwen took his metal hand and looked up at him, concerned that he was hiding it. She didn't like the thought of her big strong security Bucky feeling like he needed to hide who he was. "They will think your ears and tail adorable. My... arm is scary to them," Bucky explained to her.

"It's not scary," she told him and cuddled close. She felt safe with him, why would anyone think he was scary?

"You aren't afraid of it. The civilians are."

"Well, they're wrong," she told him protectively.

It was cute that she thought she could protect him from mean people. Bucky smirked. "They're not the most intelligent people."

"People en masse are stupid," she agreed.

"Stop flirting with boyfriend and come on!" Nat called as they had reached the garage. Gwen giggled when Nat grabbed her hand to drag her faster to the car. Bucky laughed too and reached up to catch the keys when Nat threw them to him. Of course, he was the driver too on their outing. Nat was making him work for the honor of crashing girls' day. Bucky didn't mind as he got to spend the day with Gwen.

They all climbed into the SUB and Bucky drove to the mall, parking by the theater when they arrived. "Okay first stop!"

The girls climbed out of the car, and Gwen's arms were around Bucky's as they headed inside. The group got plenty of looks and there were whispers from the other shoppers as their group was recognized. Of course, Gwen was obvious, but Bucky, Nat, and Wanda were well known too. Most people didn't recognize Lady Loki, though it wasn't terribly hard to figure out who she was when she was with the Avengers.

Nat bought the tickets and enough snacks to feed an army, which should keep a werewolf, a goddess, two super soldiers, and one little witch happy. Bucky sat between lady Loki and Gwen, holding the popcorn bowl for them and himself.

Loki smirked over at Bucky. "I can turn you female if you're feeling left out of the fun," she teased, while Gwen curled up adorably with Bucky, lifting the armrest between their seats.

Bucky wasn't interested in being female. "Nah, my girlfriend wouldn't like that. And neither would I." He rolled his eyes and knew that Loki would accept that it would upset Bucky if she changed his gender. Loki was always one for pranks, but she had standards and crossing that kind of line was well beyond what was acceptable.

Loki giggled. "Let me know if you change your mind," she teased.

Luckily for Bucky, the movie was actually good, even if it did have the particular actor the girls were lusting over shirtless practically the entire movie. He was enjoying Gwen's company and her excitement was contagious. She was so happy and relaxed and her tail wagged excitedly. It was a vast improvement over her hiding under his bed yesterday.

Bucky ended up watching her more than the film.

Gwen enjoyed the movie on the huge screen, surrounded by her friends and her Bucky. She cuddled in his arms, purring as her tail waved happily.

After the movie, they made their way around the mall, discussing the movie as they shopped. They all made Bucky carry the shopping bags. Though Gwen insisted she could carry hers herself, including the little pink bag from the fancy lingerie store. He relented enough to let her carry a couple of light ones, even though he knew she could handle more. And he made sure one of those bags she carried was the pink one. She didn't seem to want to give it up anyway. Gwen could benchpress a semi. She could easily carry the shopping.