Chapter 30

Bucky took the time while Gwen was in the spa to set up the gazebo for their date that evening. He set it up for a night time picnic to surprise her. He knew she'd love it.

Gwen eventually returned to Bucky's room after her time in the spa, looking so much more refreshed, especially since they'd cut the dead ends off her hair and styled and treated it and her fur so it was softer than ever. Bucky beamed at her when he saw her. She looked amazing in a red sundress instead of the sweats she'd been wearing. He grabbed her wrist and the basket. "We have a date, my Gwenie,"

She gave him a bright smile and was absolutely adorable. "We do?" She asked and was very glad Nat had insisted on the dress.

Bucky nodded. "Absolutely, now come down with me, my love." He was dressed up a bit, in a button down shirt that didn't even have the buttons straining to be free. She nodded and went with him gladly, curious what he had in store.

They made their way out to the gazebo and Bucky turned on the lights so she could see it all lit up. A table had been added in the gazebo, where he set the basket. "We were supposed to do this the other night, so I'm making up for it, now," he explained, hoping she'd like it.

She smiled and twirled in the lights of the gazebo, taking it all in. "It's so pretty," she told him, able to appreciate it better with human eyes, than with her wolf eyes the last time they'd been out here.

Bucky began to open and set out a few containers. Two had hot rabbit stew in them. Gwen smelled the rabbit stew and made her way over to investigate, her tail swishing with pleasure at the smell. Bucky smirked when he saw her wolfish reaction. "Remember?" He asked. He'd promised to make stew from the rabbit she'd caught for him.

She nodded eagerly. "It smells really good,"

"The chefs were so nice. They even made us dessert too. Pecan pie," Bucky said enthusiastically, eager to share the evening with her.

"Dessert too? That is nice," she agreed and helped Bucky get the container out of the basket. Bucky had bowls and also had a some champagne to drink. He poured her a glass. She took a seat when everything was set up. She took a sip of the champagne and purred. "That's good"

"Does the bubbles tickle?"

She nodded and giggled. "Like soda," she agreed, enjoying the new experience.

"Yeah it's like soda and wine together," he laughed, amused by her expression and her enjoyment of the treat.

She nodded. "I've never had wine either"

"Oh right, maybe another time."

She nodded. "So many new experiences and all of forever to experience them," she purred happily at the idea of exploring so many new things with Bucky.

He squeezed her hand. "I'm looking forward to spoiling you."

She gave him a bright smile. "Spoiling, really?" she asked a bit dubiously. She didn't deserve all of that.

"I already do spoil you."

"You do," she agreed "More than I deserve," she said softly, looking down. She'd been told for too many years how worthless she was by Hydra.

Bucky would have to spend a long time getting her to see her own value. "You deserve it. I promise you that."

She blushed a little and dug into her stew with a purr, not having more words fro him. Bucky ate, watching and listening to her purr, loving the sound. She purred in delight and her tail wagged as she ate. She told Bucky about the movie the girls had watched with her earlier and the spoiling at the spa and Bucky was absolutely content. Who would have ever thought that the world's scariest assassin could be so gentle and loving. He doted on her so much. "What movie did they pick to see tomorrow?" He asked, wondering what he was going to get dragged to.

"The new superhero movie that just came out. From what I gathered, the entire plot of the movie is that the attractive actor doesn't wear a shirt the entire movie..." She explained, shrugging about how she wasn't sure how that was actually a plot.

Bucky almost growled, but manage to restrain himself. He would be with her, and she was loyal, plus it was just a movie..

She shrugged. "Apparently girls like seeing that kind of movie?" she guessed. She hadn't cared what they went to see and it was supposed to be a girl's day until Bucky crashed it.

"You sure you're comfortable with me going?" He asked, knowing it was supposed to have been a girl's day.

She nodded and gave him a bright smile. "I always want you,"

"You should be careful about saying it that way. It makes me want to take you, anywhere..." He replied with a grin. He always wanted her as well.

She giggled. "Oh no, how awful," she replied sarcastically teasing

"Girl... one day... I'm going to take you and not care who sees us."

She giggled again. Then smirked when she said for the third time "I always want you, James," she purred his name

"Oh you're doing it on... on purpose." Bucky was trying to reposition himself and finding his pants becoming tighter than he'd like to admit.

"Is there a problem?" her tone was teasing, but the question real. She was always so worried and concerned over him.

Bucky cleared his throat. "No. Just eat, silly wolf," he told her, trying to draw the attention back away from himself.

She giggled and returned to her meal with a purr

Bucky couldn't help thinking that the silly wolf was going to be the death of him. And yet, he was happier with her than he'd been since the 40s.

After the meal, he stood her up to dance with her to his music on his phone. She was awkward at first, not knowing how to dance, but quickly got the hang of it and danced with him in their gazebo. " You can stand on my feet, I'll move you," he offered when he saw how awkward and hesitant she was.

She raised an eyebrow "Really?" that didn't seem right. Wouldn't that hurt him?

"Seriously, won't hurt me."

She tentatively did as he said, placing her bare feet on top of his shoes. Annoying chit refused to wear shoes unless someone made her. Bucky moved in small movements so she knew what he was doing. Her arms went around his neck as they moved to the music. "This is different than the dancing Hydra liked," she said softly

"What was that?"

"Ballet for some reason. Never did figure out why."

Hydra had likely been replicating the red room style training. Bucky remembered that and remembered Nat's training. "To teach agility, strength, silent movements, and flexibility."

She pondered that. "That makes sense" she finally said. She had a fond smile on her face "It was the only bright part of being there"

"It's something that should be valued like football."

She raised an eyebrow. "What use does anyone have for football?"

"Exactly. It's a sport that is for entertainment. But its praised. That's why I think Ballet needs more recognition."

She nodded "It does" she agreed

He stopped dancing. They'd been out here for awhile already. "Ready to turn in for the night?"

She looked up at the stars "It's getting kinda late" she agreed and wrapped her arms around his waist.

He pulled her into his arms, taking in her scent and the feel of her. He wanted to do so much more than hug her. "Wanna play and we can experiment a bit tonight?" He asked her gently, stroking her hair and willing to take things at her speed if she said no. He didn't want to push her beyond her comfort, but definitely wanted to enjoy the evening with her. Even with no experimenting.

She nodded eagerly, willing to try anything with him. "Sounds like fun," she told him warmly and leaned up to kiss his cheek, the prelude of much, much more fun to come.