Chapter 24

Loki decided that Gwen needed distracting before she got all depressed from Tony yelling at her. So while Bucky was telling off Tony for scaring her, Loki nipped at Gwen's tail until she squeaked and ran and the game of chase began again. The wolves chased each other around the room, barking and nipping at each other's tails. Loki was safe for Gwen to play with, since the Asgardian couldn't be turned into a werewolf.

Tony grumbled something as he got out of the wolves' way. He knew it had been an accident that he'd been knocked over earlier. And he didn't want to scare Gwen anymore than she already had been. He still noticed that Gwen wouldn't come anywhere near him, even when she and Loki were playing.

Bucky smiled at the pair and tossed a tennis ball outside for them. It got them running outside away from the people. Both of the wolves chased it, acting like silly puppies. Bucky chuckled as he watched them, strolling outside after them. He wasn't jealous of Loki, wasn't threatened by him, but was glad Gwen had a friend who could be like her.

He had to admit, this was a strange side of Loki the team hadn't seen before. Maybe Gwen was rubbing off on him. Bucky sat in the gazebo watching them run. They came to check on him on occasion, or drop the ball in his lap for him to throw. Bucky didn't give all of his attention just to Gwen, but pet Loki at well. Loki was touch starved, but couldn't accept casual affection in human form. When he was a cat, or a wolf, he was glad to accept whatever affection he could get.

Both wolves ended up chasing Bucky, though Gwen was cautious, overly cautious. She wouldn't risk hurting Bucky or accidentally biting him. Loki, however, had no problems taking Bucky down hard and tackling him to the ground. Though he was fairly careful not to actually hurt his friend.

They all had a blast together running all night. Eventually, they were all exhausted and the two wolves curled around Bucky, laying their heads on him while they all slept in the grass.

At dawn, Bucky woke to find a naked Gwen sleeping in his arms. Loki was dozing on his other side, still in wolf form. Bucky was startled that Gwen was naked and human and had apparently slept through changing back. He tried to keep his body's reaction to seeing her naked under control. That wouldn't help at the moment, especially with Loki there with them. He got control of himself and nudged Loki awake. "Lo, can you get her clothes, please?" He asked softly, not wanting to startle Gwen awake, especially while she was still naked.

Loki grumbled at being woken and growled softly as he opened his eyes. Bucky had to repeat the question for him to hear and understand. A moment later, in a shimmer of magic, a pair of sweats and a simple T-shirt appeared on Gwen. Loki decided that was a good time to make himself scarce before Bucky decided to kill him for seeing Gwen naked. Bucky, had less jealousy towards Loki than any of the others who may have seen Gwen, but the rest... the rest he may well have killed for seeing Gwen naked.

Gwen snuggled into Bucky, nuzzling his warmth, still very much asleep, but her movement drew him from his thoughts. He stood carefully and scooped her up to carry her inside. She murmured softly in her sleep, but just snuggled better into his arms. Bucky realized that she had locked her arms around him and he wasn't going to be able to pry the sleeping werewolf off. So he gave up on that plan and carried her to his room. He laid them both down in the nest he'd made for her. She burrowed contently in the nest, in his arms, purring softly in her sleep.

Gwen woke with a small noise late that morning. She was surprised to find herself dressed and inside on the morning after the full moon. She realized she was snuggled in Bucky's arms. She nuzzled him appreciatively and purred softly. "Morning," she said as she kissed his cheek.

"Morning, little wolf. Did you enjoy your full moon?" Bucky replied as he shifted to kiss her forehead.

She nodded. "You weren't too bored playing with a wolf?" she asked, sounding concerned that he was bored hanging out with a couple of werewolves.