Chapter 5

Bucky could feel her body heat as she moved closer to him. She was standing so close and he realized that she trusted him. Above anyone here, she trusted him. They had a shared background after all. He was already warmer than a regular person, but hated the cold from being in snow so much as the Asset. She wasn't as warm as he was, but she seemed to run warmer than the others. Especially warmer than Loki, but then everyone was warmer than Loki.

He shook those thoughts away and put on his best tour-guide voice. "Welcome to the Avenger's Tower," he said warmly as he started to lead her around. "The top floor is off limits unless invited by Tony Stark, the man in red and gold armor, or his lovely wife, Pepper." He held doors open for her as they walked and explained the layout of the tower to her. She couldn't help smiling warmly at his courtesy.

And he claimed he was tough and ugly.

She thought he was chivalrous and kind.

She relaxed once she had the layout of their home, enjoying the tour and time spent with the soldier. She smirked at him when they were outside of her room. "I know you're supposed to be babysitting. But surely I'm allowed to get a hot shower on my own," her tone was teasing, but she wrinkled her nose. Wolves had sensitive noses, sensitive senses in general and she didn't like what she was smelling. Bucky thought it was adorable, as was everything about her. "I still smell like Hydra..." She whined.

Bucky supposed it was alright. She couldn't get into too much trouble in the time it took to get a shower. He finally nodded and handed over her key. "Here's the key to your room," she looked so amazed that she had a key; she wasn't locked in or caged. She had her own space and it was hers. "The clothes might run big, sorry. They're from the emergency stores of clothes," she nodded her understanding. She wasn't picky as long as she was covered and clean. "I'll be in my room," he gestured to the door across the hall. "Knock when you're out and dressed, so I know you're not passed out from the concussion." His tone was light and teasing, but he meant his words. He did worry about her and she was under his medical watch.

"Don't worry so much, wolves heal fast," she reassured him. Before he could grumble, she added "but I'll come find you when I'm clean and dressed," she promised and gave him a bright smile before she ducked into her room. He wanted nothing more than to see more of that smile.

And kiss her.

That would make her smile more. Right?

Right?

Shit, where had that thought come from?

Gwen took forever in the hot shower. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had one. Showers were for nothing more than getting clean in Hydra, with luke warm water at best. So she enjoyed every single moment of her too hot showers.

She dressed in the clothes that had been left out for her. They were from the emergency supplies, but "emergency clothes" had a slightly different meaning with the god of mischief was about and helping his friend. Instead of the traditional sweats, she had a pair of perfectly tailored skintight jeans, a soft black shirt that was equally perfectly tailored and showed off what curves she had. And a zippered hoodie. Which had been stolen by Loki from Bucky's closet. It was way too big on her and beyond adorable. She made her way across the hall on bare feet and knocked softly on Bucky's door

Bucky hurried over to the door to let her in. He took in her appearance, immediately recognizing the hoodie. He also noticed how perfectly tailored the clothes were and knew they hadn't come from the emergency supplies. He instantly suspected Loki. It was a safe assumption when strange things happened around the tower. "I don't remember donating that, but oh well..." he commented absently, his eyes on his hoodie which she was wearing. "How are you feeling?" he asked her gently.