Chapter 12

Fuck!

She'd seen his erection.

It was rather hard to hide with how much his pants were bulging.

Weeks of effort lost.

He'd been working for weeks to keep her from seeing the effect her presence had on his body. Loki had hypothecised that there was some pheremonic quality to omega werewolves. Bucky just knew that he cared for the little wolf he'd met a few weeks ago. And had romantic feelings. And other more physical reactions as well.

Obviously.

As that was his current problem.

How was he supposed to deal with this without scaring her away? She was a rape victim. He couldn't, wouldn't push her.

Laugh at himself.

That was the only course of action.

So he laughed at himself, a big booming laugh, meant to reassure her, to relax her. "Oh?" he asked between laughs. "You finally see what you're doing to me, and that's all you say?" he teased, his voice careful in its teasing. He didn't want to scare her. He was making light of the situation and not pressuring her.

She laughed, the tension eased with his words and his tone. Bucky relaxed that his physical response to her hadn't scared her. The last thing he wanted was for her to be scared away.

He wanted to kiss her.

He wanted to do much more than kiss her.

She smirked at him and Bucky wondered ever so briefly what was up with that expression. He was dumbfounded by her next words. "Were you expecting something more along the lines of 'would you like me to help you with that little problem'? " she teased, back to easy flirting with him. Back to more than easy flirting. He saw it in her eyes. She was curious and he thought he saw interest in both him and a pleasant experience with this activity.

He stuttered, surprised by her words, by her more earnest flirting, by her blatant interest. "Well, no, I'm not going to expect that from you. You're never obligated to give me pleasure," he told her the last part firmly. He refused to pressure her, or to be with her in any capacity if it was because she felt obligated to be with him.

It was the fact that he hadn't pressured or forced her that she was able to relax. It was his fervent insistence that he wouldn't pressure her that she was able to stay relaxed and flirty and curious. She wanted to know what this experience was supposed to feel like. And she wanted it with him. It was fast, yes, but they'd spent so much time together in the past few weeks, that it felt like she'd known him for months or years instead of weeks.

She smirked and let a finger trail down his chest, leaning up to breathe in his ear, acting on instinct, but watching his reaction to see if he was truly interested, or if it was just his penis that was interested. She wanted the entire man, not just the penis part. "But you wouldn't say no, would you, James?" she purred.

Gods, his real name purred from her lips like that... he didn't have words for what that was doing to him.

He gulped, her hand was inches away from his belt. "Never," he whispered breathlessly. He watched her eyes, watched her emotions, watched to see if this was what she really wanted.

She left her hand on his chest for a moment and leaned in, she was shy and tentative, but leaned in all the same to press her lips softly to his. The kiss was perfect, her lips were soft and gentle on his. She was timid, but relaxed into the kiss when he didn't hurt her.

He should have stopped there, but his lips parted as he kissed her, his tongue lightly touching her lips, an invitation if she wished to take it. Her lips parted, her tongue carefully exploring his mouth, dancing with his as she kissed him more deeply. Her hand trailed down his body, exploring, testing the waters, purring in the pleasure of the gentle, safe, activity with a man she trusted.