Chapter 16

Gwen woke from her nap with a small soft adorable noise and smiled up at Bucky when she realized she was wrapped around him. Bucky gave her a warm smile. "Morning, Gwen," he teased as it was late morning at best.

"Good morning, James," she replied warmly and sat up to look at him properly, wincing a little as she moved. She wasn't expecting to be so sore.

"You're hurting. Is there anything I can do?" Bucky didn't like seeing her in pain. It upset him to see her wince. Especially when he knew that he was the cause.

She shook her head. "Just a little sore" she reassured him with a warm smile. She reached for the shirt she had been wearing as pajamas, not comfortable with casual nudity. Nudity was common when there was a purpose for it, like shiftings forms, but just being naked wasn't comfortable. Once it was on, she settled against the pillows propped against the headboard. She looked at the mark on Bucky's neck and touched it softly, looking concerned. "I'm sorry, that looks like it hurts,"

Bucky shrugged, "I barely feel it now. It was kind of a turn on earlier." He admitted with a blush. It was something that would've been shameful back in the day to admit to liking, especially from a female. Of course, Gwen wouldn't understand why he was shy to admit it now, but she accepted his words easily.

Gwen smiled, reassured and nuzzled his neck next to the mark. "You smell like pack now," she informed him with a purr to her tone.

Well that didn't make any sense. And his limited werewolf research hadn't covered that. "I what?"

"Smell like pack," she repeated, at his confusion she blushed and added: "Any werewolf you come across will know what we've just done. And that you're taken." She seemed pleased that any werewolf would know to stay away from her Bucky.

Her happiness and her words made Bucky happy to. He pulled her closer and kissed her hair. "I am so in love with you."

She lit up in such delight and joy and had the brightest smile at those words. "I love you too," she told him and kissed him softly.

He was relieved for a moment, then his mind turned to her marking him. "That bite. It won't make me change to a werewolf, right?" he asked a bit nervously.

Gwen shook her head quickly. "No, it won't. Trust me. Hydra tested it enough that we're sure lycanthropy can only be transmitted in full wolf form," she reassured him. It was a valid concern, especially since she was stuck in half-form.

Bucky sighed in relief and nodded, accepting her reassurances. "So about you. I did some research, does the moon affect you?"

She nodded. "I have to shift at the full moon," she explained, willing as always to answer any question he had about werewolves .

"So from dusk to dawn?"

She nodded again. "We can shift anytime, but on the night of the full moon we have to stay in wolf form from dusk to dawn," she clarified the rumors and the false information.

"What is your wolf temperament like?"

She looked confused. "I'm me no matter my form." That should've been obvious. Why wouldn't she be herself just because she had fur?

"I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. I'm trying though," he said with a grin, self-deprecating humor always worked.

She kissed him softly. "You're not an idiot," she told him warmly. "And I appreciate that you're trying. But, no, I don't turn into a crazed monster or anything when I change forms" she clarified, wondering if that had been his real question. None of them had seen her wolf form yet and she wasn't entirely sure the wolf would be accepted.

Bucky sighed into her kiss. "I didn't mean to offend. I didn't know you existed until a couple weeks ago."

"I know. I'm not offended," she reassured him and kissed him again as she trailed a hand down his body, just appreciating him, not trying to arouse him again. Not trying.

He grabbed her wrist, brought it up to kiss the palm of her hand. "Be careful, do you have any idea what you're doing to me?"

She smiled at the soft kiss to her palm. She looked at him innocently. "Just enjoying your company and touching you," she admitted softly. Wolves were very physical creatures.

He smiled warmly at his adorable little wolf. "The touching... it's driving me crazy. Crazy with wanting you." He kissed her cheek then got up to dress himself.

She nodded and sat back among the pillows with a contented sigh. She had to admit to enjoying watching him dress. He put on a thin long sleeved shirt and a plaid button up t-shirt over it, with low-rise blue jeans. She noted that his jeans didn't hide the waistband of his underwear and how attractive he looked even in normal plaid.

She started to climb out of the bed, moving slowly, and trying not to wince since he would worry. "I should find something besides one of your shirts to wear"

He smirked over at her. "I have to admit, you're the only woman whose worn my clothes. And it's damn sexy," he informed her with a cheeky grin.'

She smiled shyly, blushing. "It's comforting to be surrounded by your scent," she admitted softly. Wolves had excellent noses and omegas in particular liked comforting things. She reached up and touched the chain around his neck that held his dog tags. It had caught the light and reminded her of her question. "I was curious, do you wear these all the time?" she asked.

He looked down at her. "Yeah, usually. I probably should donate them. They're from the 40's after all..."

She tilted her head adorably. "Donate them?"

He laughed at how adorable she was. "To a museum. There are some who documented mine and Steve's time and work in World War II."

She smiled brightly. "Seems a waste to give up one of the things you have from before Hydra, but it would be fun to go visit the museum and see their exhibit," she replied, thinking of the shocked looks on people faces when Bucky and/or Steve showed up there. It seemed like a lot of fun to show up with Bucky, who was quite noticeable with his metal arm.

"Are you allergic to the metal? Some research said werewolves had issues with certain types of metal." Bucky said, concerned about her. He didn't want anything around that would hurt his little wolf.

"Only silver. Real silver,"

He thought about it. "What about change, like dimes, nickels, and quarters?" he really wanted to make sure she was safe.

She shook her head. "Those are made with copper and nickel. They're fine." Bucky frowned and touched the dog-tags around his neck, thinking. Gwen shook her head. "I wasn't asking because I expected you to give me yours. I was just curious," she reassured him quickly.

"I didn't think you meant that. Just wanted to make sure they didn't harm you, since I wear them all the time," he said warmly.

She shrugged "There's one way to be sure," she said and before he could stop her, she'd hooked a finger under the chain and lifted the tags out from under his shirt, holding them in her hand to examine them. Without pain. Though she wasn't going to hear the end of it for potentially being hurt.

Bucky gasped and checked her hand. "You're brave, but not the best idea." He kissed her palm again, relieved it was undamaged.

She shrugged "It was the only way to be sure" she told him reasonably. "It's good that they don't affect me," she added.

It was then that the alarm went off in the tower. The one that demanded everyone to go out on a mission.

Which meant that Bucky would have to leave the little wolf.