Chapter 36

Gwen moved to sit on Bucky's bed, making herself at home in his room. It warmed Bucky's heart that she was comfortable there, even when she was still upset. She felt safe with him. She shook her head in response to his reassurance. "You were trying to be supportive and I let my emotions get in the way..." She said apologetically.

"Loki keeps telling me to do proper research and I don't. Because I like asking you and learning about it from you," Bucky explained. He really should listen to Loki more. Loki was not stupid.

"I don't mind you asking me and learning from me," Gwen replied quickly. She liked that Bucky was interested in learning more about her and about the werewolves in general. "I minded that this is a very embarrassing subject for me and it was being shared with others," she explained sheepishly, playing with her tail like she did when she was anxious.

"Only to keep you off of missions. But I see it isn't something you're comfortable with, not with me."

"I'm not comfortable telling anyone about it," she told him. "It's horrible and embarrassing, and despite whatever Loki said, isn't just like human PMS," she insisted, puffing up with agitation.

"Nobody meant to make you uncomfortable or unhappy. I ruined your day out." He put his hands in his pockets, looking sheepish.

"It's alright. The trip was still fine," she reassured him. They'd had a decent day out, despite everything.

His shoulders still slumped. "Still fine? That's not how it should have been. I shouldn't have gone. Nat was right."

"No, you should have come. We wouldn't have gotten the camping supplies if you hadn't," she reminded him. And she really wanted to go camping with him. "I shouldn't have let my emotions get in the way,"

Bucky was surprised she was taking the blame. He paused before he added softly "I hated coming to my room, knowing you wouldn't be in it. I realize that I didn't feel at home without you here."

"It's practically our room," she agreed

Bucky wrapped his arms around himself as he sat on the bed. "I missed you. I'm sorry for not responding earlier."

Gwen moved closer to him on the bed, still not touching, but she was closer. "I missed you too," she told him softly and split the brownie she had brought him in half to share with him.

Bucky smiled meekly, taking the half. "Thank you. So, about your... heat? Do you want my help?" He asked her gently, unsure. He was perfectly willing and able to help her, but he didn't want to force himself on her. Consent was always sexy.

She looked up at him. "James, it's three days of hell. Are you up for it?"

"Explain it to me, please."

She turned red and stared at her lap, her tail cuddled in her arms, as she always did when she was uncomfortable. She spoke in generalities so she could get the words out. "When an omega goes into heat they need sex. Constantly. They don't eat, don't sleep, and without stellar control will fuck anything with a penis," her tone was clear that she had stellar control. "If they don't..." she shuddered "the cramps are unbelievably bad"

"Oh my, I'm sorry that you're bound to that. Why don't you eat? That's not healthy sounding," that was Bucky's first concern. He didn't want her hurt and this heat sounded terrible.

"Because everything hurts and all my control is on not fucking everything in sight," Gwen explained.

Bucky was thinking about her time with Hydra, how terrible it must have been for her. "I'm willing, if you'll have me," he reassured her gently.

"You're sure?" She asked him seriously. "I can dose myself with enough pain meds and sleeping pills to get through most of it instead." There were options if he wasn't willing or able.

His eyebrows furrowed. "You prefer the medicine over my help?"

She shook her head fervently. "Not at all. I just don't want you to feel pressured,"

"I'm never pressured to be with you. I want to help you. I'm not doing it for the sex, I thought I made it clear.... I love you."

"I love you too, more than anything," she told him and hugged him around the neck. He wrapped his arms around her and her tail was trapped between them. Gwen kissed him softly, trying not to squirm at her tail being caught between them.

He realizes it, "Oops, I didn't mean to do that. Did I hurt you?"

She shook her head. "No, it's alright"

"Back then, what happened during your time? How did you manage it with Hydra?"

"If I could get away with it, I claimed to be sick and prescribed myself enough meds to get through. If they figured out what was going on..." she shuddered. "They convinced themselves I liked it because of what my body was going through,"

Bucky held her tighter. "If you don't like something, we need a code word. To override your body's responses."

She held him just as tightly. "A code word?" She asked him confused. She'd never heard of such a thing.

"Your body may show it likes something, but if you're uncomfortable with it, you can tell me. Especially so that when you're normal, I won't do whatever it was you didn't care for."

She looked up at home concerned. "You wouldn't be mad?" Hydra was always mad at her.

"Hell no. I don't want to continue something you don't have interest in doing."

She nodded and looked so relieved. And they came up with a safe word of some obscurely and quite sillily named vegetable that would never come up in normal conversation, much less the bedroom. The pair relaxed together as they talked and came up with a plan for when Gwen went into heat.

Consent, as always, was incredibly sexy.