Chapter 27

Bucky could feel Gwen's fear radiating off of her, just as she could feel his anger. He had to be careful or he would break her, which wasn't what he wanted. He didn't want her afraid. He wanted her to realize she'd been dumb and not to it again, but not to be afraid of him.

He set her down in her nest of pillows and blankets, then went into his bathroom. Gwen pulled her knees to her chest while he was gone, knowing he was pissed at her and not sure what to do about it besides wait for her punishment, for him to come roar and rage at her. Bucky wasn't sure what he could say or do to make her understand that she was reckless, without scaring her.... He couldn't hurt her or break her by terrifying her, but he had to make her understand.

He decided to get a shower, he wanted to take it with her, but he was afraid of getting too rough during the sex. Especially when he was still angry with her. Angry sex would be awful for the abused rape victim.

Bucky recalled her naked form in his arms. He remembered her softness and that didn't help his shower situation any. He suddenly didn't care if she could smell it. He used his hand to rub some of his temper out through an orgasm.

Anyone else, he would have ripped a new ass already.

Gwen sat against the headboard, her knees to her chest, her tail cuddled in her arms as she waited for him to return and start roaring at her. Anyone else would have gotten ripped a new ass by now. Instead, the little wolf got up and stripped, removing the bandage as well, since she had healed almost entirely. She peeked her head in the bathroom. "James?" she asked softly, "Need help?" he'd been in there awhile.

He was just sitting in the shower on the bench. He hadn't figured out how to deal with her yet. He didn't hear her over the water.

She opened the shower door a crack and Bucky could see that she was wearing nothing but the collar she'd forgotten she was wearing. "James?" she asked again.

He sighed, the collar had electrical equipment in it. She needed it off. "You have to take that off. I don't think it's water proof." She blushed. She'd forgotten she was wearing it. She reached up and took it off, setting it on the vanity. Bucky continued talking, "I'm not going to be good company tonight."

She nodded and was back to cuddling her tail, small and afraid. "Do you want me to leave?" she asked him softly.

Bucky was conflicted. He saw her expression. She looked upset and she took a bullet for him. He just knew he would have nightmares about the whole thing and she likely would too. But he still wanted to bite her head off for being stupid.

He paused too long and she nodded, taking a step back, assuming his silence meant that he wanted her to leave. "I'm sorry," she said softly and turned to leave.

"Wait! Sorry!" Bucky called to stop her. She shook her head. She had screwed up and she knew it. The entire team was going to yell at her the next day. He dried off and followed her, wanting to stop her. "Come back. Please."

She turned warily to face him, her tail cuddled in her arms

"Look, I am devastated at the stunt you pulled. Teams don't act out alone. That's not a team. You took that shot for me. That's one reason why I haven't yelled at you. And I don't want to see you upset or scared of me," Bucky told her, trying to gentle his words and tone.

She hung her head with a small whine, her ears and tail drooping pathetically. "I'm sorry," she said softly, her voice a whiny whimper.

He didn't want her to go. And he didn't want her afraid, especially not of him. "Come sit with me?" He asked her gently and patted the bed next to him. She made another soft whine, but nodded in agreement and curled up on the bed with him. "I'm probably going to have a nightmare about today's mission," he told her softly, gently.