Chapter 10

Bucky actually woke before his alarm the next morning and found that he was actually looking forward to going to the mall. He was looking forward to going to the mall.

That was a first.

He'd never thought he'd see the day that he would be excited to go to the mall. He absolutely hated that place. There were too many people and they all seemed scared of him constantly, even when he wasn't hurting anything. He was just so... big. And the metal arm didn't help anything.

He got dressed quickly, excited to see Gwen. That was also a new feeling. He usually didn't get attached to the strays they picked up. He made his way across the hall and knocked on Gwen's door politely. Almost the second he did, the little werewolf opened the door looking as adorable as ever.

Except.

She looked normal.

Human normal.

She had hidden her wolf-ears under a slouchy hat, though had left her hair down. She was also wearing a long skirt, which hid her tail. She looked human and Bucky found himself disappointed. He liked her wolf-ears and tail. They were part of who she was and he found himself missing them when they weren't there, though he understood that disguising herself while they were out among the humans was important. At least until she came out as a member of the team. Then it might be safer for her to go out in her natural form.

As a member of the team...

He was already thinking of her as one of them.

"Morning, Bucky," she greeted him brightly when she opened the door.

He gave her a warm smile in return. "Morning, Gwenie," he replied

"I must like you not to bite you for calling me Gwenie..." she teased him as she stepped out of her room to walk with him to breakfast.

He smirked and decided to tease her back. If she could tease him, she could take a little teasing in return. At least he'd see how she took it. "You never know, I might like being bitten."

She raised an eyebrow and grinned. "I'll just have to find out sometime," she flirted with a purr. It was safe flirting with him. He wasn't going to hurt her. Though her purred comment and obvious flirting wasn't helping his libido any and he was glad he'd chosen to wear looser pants that day.

"I might bite back."

She gave him a smirk, showing her longer, sharper canines. "Do try to make it fun at least," she teased. Bucky blushed. That had gone father than he thought it would.

Gwen laughed and the pair made it to breakfast where they found Loki with a huge stack of pancakes with way too much chocolate and sweets on it. Bucky pointed to Loki's plate. "See? I told you so,"

Gwen giggled. "So you did," she agreed.

"Discussing me again, dear Cyborg?" Loki teased between bites of pancake. "Careful, or you'll fill her head with all of my virtues," he added with a smirk.

"Oh, we already know you're a big softy. You were worried about how hard you knocked her out yesterday morning," Bucky reminded his friend who liked to pretend he was gruffer than he really was. Loki chuckled and Gwen ignored him to go find food and coffee. Bucky went with her and jumped in line after her. "He was only joking."

She gave him a warm smile. "I know. I was just hungry," she reassured him.

"Good." He filled his plates and sat at the table with her. At least she finally seemed to stop being shy about eating since she had a plate crammed full of French toast and another of breakfast meats. He looked over her plates approvingly. "Good, now I don't have to share from my plates." He winked at her, showing he was teasing. She giggled and happily devoured her breakfast. Healing werewolves were even hungrier than normal werewolves, it seemed.