⎡2𝟱⎦

⎡𝗦𝗘𝗨𝗡𝗚𝗠𝗜𝗡⎦

My eyes flutter open to the sound of my phone ringing.

I look at the caller ID and see that it's Hyunjin.

I blush and answer the call, smiling to myself.

𝙊𝙉 𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙇:

Seungmin: Good morning, why are you up so early?

Hyunjin: Morning Seungmin, I just happen to wake up early, I don't know why. Also, can you come to the cafe we usually meet up at later today? Maybe around 4?

I internally scream at how hot his morning voice sounds.

Seungmin: Oh, sure. But why?

Hyunjin: It's a surprise! Bye~

Seungmin: Buh-bye~

He hangs up and I start squealing and rolling around on my bed like a little girl.

Every time Hyunjin asks me to go somewhere, I feel as happy as I would be if it were a date.

I know it's cliche to fall in love with the person who saved your life, but I'd fall in love with Hyunjin even if he was the one pushing me off the building.

After many sessions of psychiatric therapy, my therapist told me that my mind is almost finished recovering from my past and that I will have full control over my thoughts and emotions soon.

None of this would have happened if Hyunjin hadn't convinced me to start taking therapy and I feel so grateful for him.

I guess I really fell for him hard, didn't I?

I get off the bed and start my morning routine, humming a song since I'm in a good mood.

~

I open the door, the bell jingling above me to indicate a new customer entered the store.

I walk inside the cafe and spot Hyunjin waving at me, the backs of two people making me curious.

Hyunjin: Hi Seungmin, you look so cute today. Your outfit really suits you~

I blush at the sudden compliment and sit down next to him.

Seungmin: T-thank you, you look nice too.

Hyunjin: Aww, thanks! Anyway, this is Chan and Jeongin. You know them, right? Are you surprised?

My eyes widen as I look at them sitting in front of me.

Seungmin: W-why are you guys here?

Hyunjin frowns and looks at me.

Hyunjin: You don't seem happy. Do you guys not have a good relationship? I thought you all were friends...

Seungmin: Hyunjin, remember the boy I told you about? That's Jeongin...

Hyunjin: Oh my gosh, really? So that means Chan was the dude who... Oh no, Seungmin I'm so sorry!

Seungmin: I-I should leave-

I say, standing up to leave.

Jeongin: No, Minnie please stay.

I freeze when I hear Jeongin call me by my nickname.

I slowly sit back down and look at him.

Hyunjin: Just tell him what you want to say quickly. I think he might get uncomfortable. Gosh, this is all my fault. I didn't ask how you knew each other-

Jeongin: Minnie, I'm so sorry. I was too harsh on you and I understand if you don't want to continue our friendship but-

Hyunjin: Wait Seungmin, was the problem you had Jeongin the reason why you wanted to...?

I know what he's talking about, but he's gonna be mad if I say yes.

But I can't lie to him, not after he knows so much about me.

I usually avoid this topic whenever we talk, but I don't know how to get myself out of this one...

I should just tell him and get it over with.

Seungmin: ...Yes...

Hyunjin: You should go, I'm sorry I called you over here. I think we've said enough.

𝗪𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗡𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥 | 𝘫𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara