⎡𝟯𝟭⎦

⎡𝗝𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗜𝗡⎦

I open my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the brightness of the room.

I get up and look around, panicked at first since I'm not in my room, but soon remembering what happened.

I sit up and try to stand up, successfully getting up even with the small amount of pain between my legs.

I limp out of the room and start looking for Chan.

Jeongin: Chan! Channie! Where are you?!

I shout as loud as I can, but I get no response.

I start panicking, negative thoughts rushing into my mind.

What if Chan left me?

Did he not like me anymore after seeing my body?

No, he wouldn't have taken care of me if was just going to leave.

I should have more trust in him.

Yeah, he says he loves me, he won't leave me.

He probably just... left to go get something.

I'll wait for him, he'll be back soon.

I'm sure he will.

~

Hours passed, and he's still not back.

I don't know where he put my phone, so I can't call him.

I have no idea where I am, so I can't go out to search for him.

The only thing I can do is cry and hope he's safe.

What if he got robbed on the streets?

What if he got kidnapped?

What if...

He got murdered?

I start imagining all the worst-case scenarios, not noticing the door being opened.

I fall to the ground and start sobbing, feeling scared that Chan might not come back.

?: Woah woah woah, what happened baby? Why are you crying?

I turn around and see Chan standing behind me.

I immediately get up and jump onto him, wrapping my arms around his body.

Jeongin: I-I thought something b-bad happened to you! You made me s-so worried!

I start hitting his chest weakly as I continue to cry.

His eyes soften he gently hugs me back, patting my head with one of his hands.

Chan: That's what this is all about? Don't cry, I'm all in one piece, I'm perfectly fine, okay? I didn't know you'd be so worried.

We stay in that position for while, not talking, just enjoying each other's warmth.

After we pull away, I look at the ground, awkwardly.

Chan: Oh, you're embarrassed now?

Jeongin: Shut up, I only cared because...

I try to think of the right way to finish the sentence, but Chan beats me to it.

Chan: Because you love me?

I open my mouth to protest but quickly push that idea away before I say anything.

I'm done playing hard to get and being too oblivious to my own feelings.

I love Chan, and I'm not gonna deny it anymore.

Jeongin: Yeah. I was worried because I love you. I want you to be safe.

Obviously, Chan did not expect this. His expression gives it away.

Chan: R-really? You mean it?

Jeongin: I do. It's about time I say the truth. I never really got over you, I just pushed my feelings back. When you came back, the only reason I didn't want to let you into my life again was that I thought you were going to hurt me again. But you proved me wrong, and now, there's nothing stopping me. I love you.