⎡2𝟲⎦

⎡𝗦𝗘𝗨𝗡𝗚𝗠𝗜𝗡⎦

Seungmin: Hyunjin what are you saying? We should talk this out. Don't get mad at them.

Jeongin: What do you mean? What did Seungmin try to do because of us- wait now I remember! Hyunjin, you told me about this at office. Seungmin... you tried to kill yourself?

I look down, ashamed to admit that it's true.

Hyunjin: Innie, I can't believe you made someone feel bad enough that they would try to jump off a building. It's wasn't even his fault he was like that. Did you even try to find out why he did that?

Jeongin: I asked once...

Hyunjin: Once? Are you serious? You always went to him to rant about your problems, but did you ever ask about his problems?

Jeongin: N-no...

Seungmin: Hyunjin, stop it. It's not his fault, I was the one who never brought up my past. And I don't want to anyway, just leave it.

Jeongin: Minnie wait, I want to know.

Chan: Seungmin, please at least tell Jeongin what happened in your past. He's your best friend. I can leave and give you guys some privacy if want me to-

Seungmin: No that's okay...

I look at Hyunjin and he gives me a reassuring smile, lightly squeezing my hand.

I take a deep breath and face Chan and Jeongin.

Seungmin: I've been going to therapy, so I'm feeling much better. But I've always had moments where I just didn't feel like myself. I didn't have control over my thought, my emotions, what I did... it was horrible, but I didn't know how to tell you.

Jeongin: The time when you slapped me, it wasn't really you doing it? Is that what you mean?

Seungmin: Yeah, and this is because of my past, my parents. I've never mentioned them, but they were really toxic. Mainly my dad. He would come home drunk and beat my mother up. He didn't let her go outside and she wasn't allowed to even talk to anyone except me without my dad's permission.

I start tearing up as I remember all nights I spent locked up in my room, crying because my parents were in an argument.

Hyunjin notices and places his hand over my shoulder to comfort me.

Seungmin: But that wasn't the worst part. I always asked my mother why she didn't leave my dad, and she said it was because she knew he loved her. And I... believed her. I got this twisted concept of love in my head and when I fell for Jeongin, I thought I was doing the right thing. I didn't know that what I felt wasn't love.

Jeongin: Seungminnie...

He gets up from his seat and pulls me into a hug.

I hug him back, missing his warm embrace.

Jeongin: I should have asked you... I'm such a bad friend...

Seungmin: Don't say that... you're a good friend. I know you would've helped me if you knew.

Chan: I should apologize too. I hurt you without knowing what happened and probably made you feel really bad.

Seungmin: That's okay... I'm much better now. My therapist said I'm almost done recovering.

Hyunjin: And guess who helped you through everything?

Seungmin: You did, of course! I can't thank you enough.

Hyunjin: Instead of thanking me, I have something else in mind you can do...

He stands up and takes something out of his pocket.

The owner of the cafe dims the lights and turns on the switch of the pink fairy lights, making the whole cafe look really romantic in my opinion.

Suddenly, Hyunjin gets down on one knee facing me, and holds out a ring in a box, making me gasp.

Hyunjin: Ever since the first time I saw you, I knew you were the one. Even after your harsh past, I saw how strong you were, and how willing you were to change. Everything about you, your smile, your laugh, the cute way you eat, make me fall in love with you even more. Whenever I'm with you, I feel like the happiest person in the world. And I wanna feel like that for the rest of my life, I want you by my side. I know we're still too young to get married, so I want to give you this promise ring instead. Kim Seungmin, will you be my boyfriend?

My eyes tear up and I nod my head happily.

Seungmin: Yes!

He gently takes my hand and slides the ring onto my finger, I can hear Innie and Chan cheering for us with the customers around us.

Hyunjin: Thank you so much...

He pulls me closer to him by my waist, his eyes filled with love and affection.

When we get close enough, my eyes fall to his lips.

They look so... tempting.

With a sudden burst of confidence, I smash my lips onto his, the cheers from the customers get even louder.

After recovering from the shock, Hyunjin starts moving his lips in sync with mine and it feels like time has stopped.

I guess this is what it really feels like to be in love.

--

𝐺𝑜𝑠ℎ, 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑗𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠!🙄 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟- 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘! 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑙𝑢𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑝𝑠, 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑝𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒, 𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑎!😅👌

𝑁𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑒𝑠𝑦 𝑆𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑗𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑓𝑓 𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟, 𝑤𝑒'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠.

𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘, 𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑓𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑟.😏✨

𝐴𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑓𝑜𝑟 6𝑘 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑆𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑗𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘, 𝐼𝑑𝑜𝑙'𝑠 𝐶𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒!😭💗🙏 𝐼𝑡 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠.🥳🎉