⎡𝟯2⎦

⎡𝗝𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗜𝗡⎦

After cuddling with Chan for a while, he gently pushes me off and stands up.

Chan: Hey, are you feeling better? Do you think we can go somewhere now?

Jeongin: Now? Sure, but where?

Chan: It's a surprise~

He winks at me and I roll my eyes, used to his flirty attitude at this point.

Chan: Oh, and here's your phone. I found it in my car earlier.

I take it from his hands, blushing when I remember how it fell out.

I follow him outside to his car and get inside.

Chan: It's gonna take about 20 minutes to get there, you can rest your head on my shoulder if you want to.

I nod and lean my head against his shoulder.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

~

Chan: Innie, baby. Get up, we're here.

He whispers into my ear, making me shift in my seat.

I slowly open my and force myself to get out of the car, sad that my sleep was interrupted, but excited to see what Chan had done for me.

Chan: I'm going to blindfold you, just so the surprise doesn't get ruined, okay?

I nod hesitantly, trusting Chan enough to let him blindfold me.

He puts the blindfold over my eyes and ties it, asking me way too many times if he tied it too tight to make sure it's not hurting me.

He grabs my shoulders and starts guiding me down what seems to be a... hill?

After successfully getting to the destination without falling, Chan lets go of my shoulders.

Chan: I'm going to take the blindfold off now, okay?

I nod, eager to see what's in front of me.

As soon as he takes the blindfold off, my eyes widen and I start squealing in happiness.

Jeongin: Channie, when did you do all this?!

Chan: While you were panicking whether I was alive or not, I was working out here with Felix. Do you like it?

Jeongin: I love it! I've always wanted something like this! How did you know?

Chan: Remember that conversation we had before you asked me out? I put things together and figured you'd like something like this.

Jeongin: You're the best! Let's go!

I run towards the table and sit down.

Jeongin: Did you make all this yourself?

He nods and sits down in front of me.

Chan: I had to borrow Felix's kitchen. I hope you like it, I've never cooked before.

I pick a fork and take a piece of the meat.

I'm saying meat because I really can't tell what kind it is since it's so burnt.

I slowly chew the piece and force a smile.

It tastes like...

shit.

It tastes worse than when you swallow a bit of your own vomit.

And if you haven't tasted that, it tastes really bad.

But I can't tell Chan that, especially since he worked so hard.

After I'm done chewing, Chan looks at me for a response.

Chan: How is it?

Jeongin: It tastes... really good. I love it.

Chan: Really? I didn't expect you to like it so much.

He starts cutting a piece for himself, but I quickly stop him by grabbing his hand.

I can't let him taste that, or else he'll find out I lied.