⎡𝟮⎦

⎡𝗝𝗘𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗜𝗡⎦

𝘍𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 3 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰

I skip happily into the school building, holding a special gift for Chan.

It's our one-year anniversary, and I saved up my money to buy him something nice.

I spot him leaning against my locker and smile widely while walking towards him.

Jeongin: Channie!

He turns around and looks at me with a blank face.

That's weird. He usually smiles at me and comes to hug or kiss me.

I'm confused, but I brush it off, hoping it's nothing.

Chan: Babe, I have to tell you something.

Jeongin: Okay. What is it?

Some students gather around us, loud whispers echoing through the hallway.

Chan: I'm sorry, Jeongin. But...

Is he...

Is he really going to...

Chan: I'm breaking up with you.

My heart sinks, it feels like the world froze around me.

My mind goes blank, Chan's words repeating in my head.

I gather up all of my energy and croak out the only word I have to say.

Jeongin: W-why?

Chan: Look. I was never serious with you. You were just a bet.

My eyes tear up.

I was just a bet?

At this point, the whole school, including some staff, is crowded around us.

Jeongin: So this one year, didn't mean anything to you? All the times you told me you loved me, were... lies?

Chan: Yes, now can you move? I have other places to be.

Anger rushes through my body.

How could he just act like this isn't a bid deal?

Jeongin: You bastard! I did everything you asked for! I even let you go all the way with me! I gave you my everything! How could you do this to me?!

Chan sighs, then chuckles, looking at his friends.

Chan: I already told you. You mean nothing to me. Never did, never will. Besides, it's not like I forced you to love me. It's your fault you fell for me.

My breathing gets heavy.

It's my fault?

How?

Jeongin: Fine. Today was our one year anniversary, and I saved up all of my money to buy the watch you wanted. Here, fucking enjoy it.

I throw the bag at him and turn around, immediately running up to the rooftop.

Once I get there, I plop myself onto the cold ground and take out my phone.

I look at the picture I set as my lock screen.

A picture of me and Chan.

Fat tears streamed down my face as I looked at the man I once loved, with eyes filled with hatred and disgust.

Once loved?

No.

I still love him.

But I want to get over him.

So badly.

And I will.

?: Jeongin!

I turn around and see my best friend, Seungmin, running towards me.

Seungmin: I heard what happened...are you okay?

I look at him, dried tears staining my face.

Seungmin: Right, sorry. That was a stupid question. Wanna skip?

Jeongin: S-skip?

I never skipped class.

Ever.

But I really need a break right now.

Jeongin: Ok, let's go.

I grab his hand and start walking down the stairs, not noticing the loving gaze in his eyes.

--

𝐻𝑒𝑦 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠, 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑐.😡 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦.🥺 𝐵𝑢𝑡. 𝐵𝑈𝑇. 𝐵𝑈𝑇𝑇. 𝐻𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟, 𝑠𝑜 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚, 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒.🙏

𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑒𝑠, 𝑆𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑚𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛. 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑎~

𝐴𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑚 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑔𝑜, 𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑚 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑠!😭