Prologue

"Oh come on," I groaned in annoyance. Out of all the days to spill coffee on myself it had to be the day I go in for an audition. Lucky me.

I've struggling to get any kind of gig for the past few months and I'm starting to lose hope. The only thing keeping me going is my sheer will power to reach my dreams.

Acting was always one of my passions and I wanted it to be my full time job. Right now I'm stuck working at a coffee shop for minimum wage. But I'm optimistic and don't plan on giving up anytime soon.

"Jeongin, we still need an Americano for the table in the back,"  a coworker called while standing in the door frame.

"Oh right...that," I said as I fumbled with the coffee machine.
_______

"What took you so long," Soeun called as I raced over to her car which was parked outside.

"I had to change," I yelled back.

She  gave me a look and then rolled her eyes, "Just get in dummy and let's go."

Soeun is my manager and we're pretty close and we usually talk to each other as just like normal friends do.

"Okay so, did you study your lines," said said as we began to drive.

"Totally. I could read them backwards if I wanted to," I said confidently.

She smiled and gave me a little nod.

"Good, just don't get nervous like before okay?" She said.

I rolled my eyes "Hey I threw up because I was sick not nervous." I said crossing my arms.

We pulled up to the building and I stepped out. The anxiety started to kick in. What if I don't make it? But if I'm honest I was more afraid of what would happen if I did.

In fact this is a Boy Love dating show. I had would have to pretend to be a couple with another person I don't know. Apparently they only wanted handsome contestants and and they needed to fill the last spot. So the company decided to created a fake couple. Don't we love reality TV?

I sit in the waiting room and the tap on my thighs anxiously until they call my name.

"Yang Jeongin," A lady said.

"That's me," I said and quickly hustled into the interview room.

I sat in the chair in front of me and faced the man across the table who had a big smile on his face.

"Good morning," he said and I nodded to him politely.

"Yang Jeongin right? Very Handsome."

I get shy and thanked him, shifting in my seat.

"Thank you sir."

"What is your experience in acting?" He said.

"Well I've mostly just acted in commercial so far sir."

"Have you ever watched a couple competition show before?"

"I've taken some time to watch a few recently"

He nodded and wrote something in his notebook. I fixed my posture for the fifth time out of nervousness and waited quietly.

He asked me a few more questions before the interview was over. I said a few lines so that they could get a feel for they way on talk while on camera or during a live broadcast.

"Okay well we'll give you a call if we decide on you but if it means anything I think you'd be the perfect fit," he stated with a smile.

I smiled too and shook his hands before bowing and leaving the room feeling pretty good about the interview.

But even if I felt good about it I didn't expect a call a few weeks later that would unlock a whole new chapter of my life.

________________________________

A/N :
Hi! Sorry that this One is so short but I feel like it's a good opening. I have Much planned so please stay tuned.