Chapter 13

"Okay everyone get ready the first couple's going up in 5" said a staff member.

Hyunjin stood next to me, not once looking in my direction. He hadn't said a word to me since he had returned from the dressing room. I could feel the anger radiating from his body.

My mind was racing. Too many things were happening at once. All I know is that I'm standing here with Hyunjin and we are about to go on a dance with not a minute of rehearsal time before.

I forced myself not to think about the scandal. Trying to handle that right now would be too much. Even so, I couldn't help the lingering thought that had. Had Seungmin seen it?

"Let's give a round of applause for our first couple!" Said the host.

I heard clapping a cheering come from the audience as Mark and Haechan make their way on stage hand in hand. I see Mark give Haechan's hand a kiss before they begin.

Just another reminder that what everyone else has is real. Real love and affection. Ours is cold, hard, and fake. And right now I felt more distance towards him than ever.

I turn to Hyunjin who is looking at his phone. Even with this atmosphere I hated myself for thinking about how nice the suit looked on him.

We were going second which mean have only about 5 minutes until we have to go out there and not only act like a couple to the camera but to a real audience. Maybe we should at least be on speaking terms.

"I-I...I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble because of my actions," I stated looking at the concert floor. To ashamed to look him in the eye. That was if he ever turned to look at me, which he didn't. It was like I never said a word.

Really? Is he just going to act like a child and give me the silent treatment? I felt my face getting hot.

"Seriously Hyunjin, I'm exhausted. Don't act so immature. It was an accident okay? I'm new to this whole thing," I say in a defeated tone.

"You don't get to use that excuse. I've told you before to watch your back in public. This is completely your fault." He stated still scrolling through his phone but I could tell I now had his attention.

"Really? It was an honest mistake! I just wanted to hand out with a friend," I retorted.

"When did hanging out with a friend involve so much physical touch!"

It was rare that Hyunjin ever raised his voice at me. He whipped his head around and look directly at me. I was surprised at his expression. For a second it was almost as if he was more mad about the skinship than the scandal. Like he was jealous or something.

"And next we have Hyunjin and Jeongin portraying the lovely classic, Beauty and the Beast."

I hadn't even seen Mark and Haechan get off the stage. But sure enough, it was our turn.

Hyunjin walked straight passed me towards the stage. I ran to check up. Both of us were seething but I forced myself to keep my expression in check. This was really where the acting part of this job came in.

Soon enough we were standing in the middle of the stage. We waited for our music to start and faced each other. That's when I heard a loud shout from the crowd of people.

"Cheater!"

It was only one person, but that didn't make it hit less hard.

Me and Hyunjin made eye contact. For just a moment I could've sworn I saw some compassion in his eyes. Then again maybe I was just hoping for some kind of understanding between us.

The familiar tube of our song started to play and my heart jumped out of my chest. We have to dance now. No more practice this is the real thing.

Before I know it Hyunjin reaches for my hand and we start to dance. It feels wrong, there's no chemistry at all just the steps. People in the audience are quiet. I would give anything to know what they're thinking.

The dance continued. Hyunjin didn't look me in the eye once. It was so hard to dance romantically when both partners want nothing more but to kill each other. The more I thought about what was said the more angry I got.

This is it. The big stunt of the dance. The part where Hyunjin lifts me into the air and spins me around. Hyunjin put his hands on my waist in preparation. He begins to lift me up. Soon I'm high in the air as Hyunjin begins to spins.

Then put of nowhere his hand slips. I feel him slowly lose grip. I couldn't even comprehend that I was falling until I felt a sharp pain in my side. I had hit the ground with a grunt of pain.

The room was completely silent. The music stopped as well. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I heard Hyunjin say.

No I wasn't okay. I was hurting and completely humiliated.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Can you continue?" He asked.

I nodded and forced myself to stand, inoring the seering pain. Once I was up Hyunjin nodded to someone backstage and the music started up again.

Hyunjin put his hands back on my waist and I couldn't help but winced. We started to move again. I tired to follow his paces but I was practically limping along.

Suddenly Hyunjin hands leave my waist and he turns around. I couldn't believe it. Hyunjin was walking away. I watched in shock as he made his way off and backstage.

I was left alone of the stage. I faced the crowd. Faces of confusion and murmurs started to rise. I stood frozen. I turned back to the curtain that open up to backstage.

I saw Soeun and she was waving me over frantically. I stood there for a few seconds more before bowing apologetically to the audience and making my way off stage quickly.

Soeun stood there waiting for me. I could see how horrified she was of this situation.

"What Happened out there!" She whisper yelled.

"Where's Hyunjin?" I said blankly.

"In the dressing room why w-"

I didn't let her finish her sentence. I took off straight for the dressing room. I was steaming with rage. I swung the door open to the dressing room and there he stood. I sped walk straight towards him.

Slap

I heard the stylist gasp as the sound rings through the room.

"You left me?!" I shouted.

I was so tired of his cold behavior. They way he talked to me like every breath I took inconvenienced him in some way. Like he was better than me. I have done nothing but be kind to him.

"You left me there by myself! How dare you!?"

Soeun tuns into the room and stands there.

"And what was I supposed to do? Watch you limp around the stage?" He retorted.

"Oh don't act like you were doing me a favor, you humiliated me. I'm so sick of your superior attitude! Why can't you just be nice to me," my shouting slowly moves from anger to defeated cries.

"Last time I check you could be walking everywhere. I'd call that nice" he scoffed.

"You know what," I started, "Don't ever worried about picking me up again."

I whip around and leave the room.

_________
A/N: Hi loves. I hope you enjoyed this chapter I tired to get it out to you as quickly as possible. You guys' positive feed back really makes my day and really encouraging me to keep going. Have a lovely day.
Byeeee