Chapter 30 (I'm Back!)

"Please welcome back our cast of Trouble in paradise!" Said the host.

We could hear claps from the audience and we all walked back on stage.

The table had been moved farther back and there were security guards standing at both ends of the stage. I guess Hyunjin's rip into the Staff Manger really made an impact.

We took our seats again and I looked into the crowd. Most of them had their eyes fixed on me. I could see banners written on people's phones.

I read some of them in my head.

"We're Sorry!"

"Sorry Jeongin"

"Jeongin is an angel!"

"Jeongin, are you okay?!"

"Fans love you!"

"I love you Yang Jeongin!!"

I smiled to myself. The simple gesture made me feel less alone. A reminder that not everyone hated me. That I did actually have fans who supported me.

I waved at the crowd and they eagerly responded with waves and hearts and pushing the banners closer to my direction so that I could read them.

I picked up my microphone and everyone stop to look at me, even all of the cast members and the host who was just about to speak.

"I just wanted to say before we start," I started, "I just wanted to let everybody know that I'm okay  and thank you all for your support and worry."

The host smiled at me and so did the other cast members. Hyunjin stilled looked as if he were slightly on edge, like he was waiting for something to go wrong.

"Thank you so much Jeongin," the host said, and I nodded at her.

We continued the Panel, and the rest of the question were normal. Things like, "What's your favorite color?" or "Do you have any pets?"

The next fan got up and asked her question. It was for me.

"Jeongin Have you ever done a part time job? if so, what was it?" She asked with a smile.

I thought back to my job at the café. It immediately sent chills down my spine. I hadn't really been there recently because my schedules been so hectic, but it won't be soon. I thought about Hunho, his hands on me. The fear he forces into me.

"Jeongin," Hyunjin whispered.

I shot back into reality, putting a smile on and politely responding with, "Yes actually, I used to be a barista so, I know a lot about coffee."

She smiled and sat back down, satisfied with my answer. But now, I felt as if I were drowning.

I wasn't even at work yet and it was as if I could already hear his voice, feel his touch.

Hyunjin leaned closer to my ear.

"What's wrong?" He said sternly, as if demanding an answer.

"Nothing," I said, "I just spaced out, sorry."

Hyunjin looked like he wanted to respond but decided against it.

Once the panel was over, we all began to walk off stage, waving goodbye to the fans as we passed by.

the rest of that day went by in a flash. We took pictures outside with fan's before going back to Hyunjin's house. Before I knew it, I was lying awake in bed.

I have work tomorrow. which means Hunho. I could already feel that on-edge feeling I always get when he's around. I know I should say something. I know that I could quit. The truth is this part-time job is the only thing I have to myself. It's not my mother's or Hyunjin's. It's just mine. Nobody's but mine.