chapter 26

I spent the rest of my free time watching Netflix until I realized it was about time I should get dressed. I was finally able to escape the deep thoughts the racked my brain and allowed myself to be excited. I can't wait to go this amusement park.

I walked upstairs and went to go put on something like a T shirt and jeans but I stopped myself. This is supposed to be a date. I should look nice.

I took extra care, picking out an outfit. I went with my light washed jeans with teddy bear patches I had attached myself a while ago, a light brown sweat shirt, and a white crossbody bag. I did my hair putting in matching teddy bear clips. I decided to keep with the theme and put on my light brown sneakers.

I looked in the mirror and smiled. I really liked my outfit. I wonder if Hyunjin will like it.

Speak of the devil I could hear the front door opening and shutting downstairs.

I walked down the stairs to meet him.

I could see Hyunjin setting his bag down and running his fingers though his long black hair.

"How was work?" I said.

I wasn't really looking for an answer. I just wanted to here the handsome man speak.

"It was fi-" Hyunjin stopped when he looked up at me.

"You look nice," he said.

I got shy with his eyes on me and looked down at my sneakers.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

There was a warm moment of silence between us before Hyunjin spoke.

"Wait for me in the car, I'll be there in a moment," He said.

"Yeah sure," I said.

I skipped out the door and over to his car, opening the door and sitting inside.

When he came out of the house he no longer had on his blazer and was just in his white button with rolled up sleeves. Every single time I don't think he could get anymore handsome, he proves me wrong.

Hyunjin got in the car and started it.

as we drove, we remained in silence until I had an idea.

This is a perfect time to start a conversation with him.

"We're you late for work today?" I asked timidly.

Please say no. Don't tell me that because I was too busy talking I made him late for work.

"No," He said.

Thank god.

"I'm sorry for wasting you're time," I said.

He looked over at he for just a second before speaking, " It had nothing to do with you, don't apologize."

That made me feel slightly better. Enough to try again.

"so um, why did you pick this car?" I asked.

" It was neat and clean," he said.

"Oh! Like your house. You're really organized," I said with an enthusiastic smile.

"I suppose so," He answered.

"I'm pretty disorganized and clumsy, you must hate living with me," I said with embarrassed laughter.

It was meant to be a light hearted joke. But I can't help but wonder if it's true.

"I don't," Was all he said.

soon enough I could see the park coming into view. I burst of excitement took over me and I might as well have pressed my face up against his window trying to see.