Chapter 4

The sound of screaming fans woke me out of my sleep. I guess all the stress had tired me out. I sat up in my seat and looked out the window.

I saw that we were pulling up to a tall building. The building was mostly windows on the exterior, the rest was painted white and the whole place looked very neat.

Fans, male and female, lined the outside waving there phones shouting for Hyunjin.

I looked over at Hyunjin who kept his eyes forward as if there was nobody there.

I don't think I could ever be as professional as he is. That's one thing that I did admire about him. On the other hand I'm glad that I'm not as cold as he is.

It would be so much easier to play this part if he would warm up at least a little. He barely even acknowledges my existence let alone talk to me.

"Let's go," he said without looking at me.

I nodded and got out of the car the same time he did. I heard cheers but I also heard boo's. I guessed they were for me.

A random boy dating their precious Hwang Hyunjin. I should've known they wouldn't like me.

A man rushes over to take Hyunjin keys from him to park his car somewhere more secluded.

Eventually people start to get closer to take pictures of us. Hyunjin doesn't grab my hand this time but put his arm around my waist and pull me to his side.

I try to hide how red my face is as we make our inside.

We enter into a big lobby space. People in suits and neat skirts are quickly hustling into elevators. I looked down at my light blue jeans, peach colored sweater and sneakers.

I felt a child in an adult workspace. Hyunjin, dressed in a white button with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow and dress pants, fit right in.

We walked over to an empty elevator. He was still holding on to my waist, even in the empty elevator. I guess he had forgotten.

"Good morning Mr. Hwang," people would say as we walked pass.

I would get strange looks from people and the occasional whispers. I kept close to Hyunjin.

For some reason l felt safer next him, especially in these situations. I guess I thought that if it came to it he'd protect me even if that probably wasn't true.

Hyunjin had taken his hand off my waist and we now just walk alongside each other awkwardly.

I followed him into a large office where a man was waiting.

Hyunjin leaned down and whispered into my ear "Go sit over there and wait, I have work to finish," he said.

His tone wasn't as harsh this time, in fact it was calm. He motioned towards a sofa so I hurried over to get out of the way and sit down.

"Hello Mr. Hwang, it's pleasure to talk to you," the man said and reached out his hand.

Hyunjin took his hand and shook it.

"The feeling is mutual," he said and bowed his head slightly out of politeness.

After they had greeted one another they sat down and began to talk. Mostly about business so I wasn't very interested.

Sudden the man looked over at me and I instinctively smiled at him, he smiled back and then looked back at Hyunjin.

"I'm sorry to cut you off but I feel slightly rude not addressing the other company in the room,"

I quickly look up once I realize that he's talking about me.

Hyunjin looks over at me and we make eye contact when he waves me over.