Chapter 24

When we made it to the restaurant Hyunjin got out of the car first and walked over to my side, grabbing the handing for my door and held it open for me.

"Thank you," I said and he nodded.

I got out of the car and Hyunjin immediately grabbed my hand, Leading me into the restaurant. I felt my face get hotter and kept my head down.

When we made it to the front desk a woman smiled at Hyunjin. When she saw me however her smile disappeared just as fast as it came. I turned back to Hyunjin.

"Hey Hyunjin, table for one like always," She asked as she twirled a strand of her blonde hair in her fingers.

"I'm not alone am I? Two. Me and my boyfriend," He said while staring through her.

My eye's widened when he said boyfriend for a moment before I collected myself and remembered that it is probably better to keep up the act wherever we go. Better safe than sorry.

"Oh...Okay then," The hostess said. I could hear the annoyance in her tone.

She must like Hyunjin. I mean, it only made sense. Who wouldn't? Hyunjin was absolutely beautiful. I'm stealing him for many girls. Why does that thought kind of make me feel more proud than guilty.

She grabbed to menus and began to lead us to a table. I hadn't even realized it but Hyunjin was still holding my hand. The only thing that remined me was when he pulled me gently towards him and leaned in close.

"Ignore her," He said.

I tried to act calm and just nodded.

When we sat down she lingered around a little longer to pay Hyunjin a compliment.

"Hyunjin you look just as handsome as always," she said a bit her lip slightly.

Hyunjin didn't say anything back he just kept his eyes on his menu before turning to me.

"Do you see anything you want?" He asked.

"Oh one second I haven't looked," I said scanning my menu.

The woman huffed and walked away, well more like stomped away.

"It seems like you come here a lot," I said and he nodded.

"It's close to my job," He said.

I nodded and we continued to look for food. I suddenly had an Idea and looked up.

"Oh we should take another picture," I said reaching for my phone in my back pocket.

"No," Hyunjin stated plainly.

I slowly brought my phone down, confused.

"N-No?" I repeated.

"Not right now," He said.

"But shouldn't we take advantage of every moment were out together," I explained

"Not this one," He said, looking directly at me, "I don't want to make this moment public."

I felt blush creep up my cheeks before nodding.

"Oh, okay. That's fine," I said.

We finished picking our food and placed out with the waitress who was a lot friendlier than the hostess.

Every second we were here together felt weirder than the last. Without any cameras or pictures, it felt more real. Like were actually on a date. I had completely forgotten the events happening at work. Just like always, once Hyunjin was in front of me, he was all I could think about. He flooded my senses.

Soon enough are food arrived and I didn't waste any time before diving in.

"How is it?" Hyunjin asked.

"It's really good," I said with a bright smile.

We continued to eat and make small talk. The conversation overall could be consider boring, but to me it was fascinating. I had never been able to talk to Hyunjin like this. Was he really doing all of this to make me feel better? I could feel my heart flutter at the thought.

Suddenly my phone went off. I took a peak to see that it was from a film company I had been looking into. They were having auditions for the new Tv show they were making. It was a drama. I had always wanted to act in a drama.

"What are you looking at?" Hyunjin asked.

I looked up startled.

"Oh. This film company is holding audition for a drama," I said.

"Are you going to audition?" He asked.

I gave him a disappointed expression.

"I can't. It's really excusive. You have to be invited to audition," I said pouting softly.

"Let me see," Hyunjin said, holding out his hand for my phone, which I handed over.

He looked at the screen for a bit before his expression suddenly changed. It became firm and serious.

"Is there something wrong," I asked cautiously.

He didn't say anything for a while but eventually handed me my phone back.

"No, nothing's wrong," he said, "What interested you about that one?'

"Oh, I just like their other shows and I've always wanted to be in a drama. It just seems like so much fun," I continued to ramble on as Hyunjin sat and listen to every word, "Maybe not a darker drama because I don't think that fits me but the light-hearted drama seems like a lot of fun. I watch a lot of the behind the scene stuff and the actors are always smiling. I love work environments like that. It's just a reminder that you love what you do. And-"

"You're Beautiful."

I paused. Completely frozen in place. I repeated that sentence again and again in my head. I was correct. It definitely was Hyunjin who said it. And I was the only person at the table. Had Hwang Hyunjin really called me beautiful? There was absolutely no way. This had to be some kind of joke. My mind toying with me.

Hyunjin looked just as shocked as I did. As if he couldn't believe what had came out of his own mouth.

"P-Pardon?" I said quietly.

Hyunjin's expression quickly removed any trace or surprise and was back to normal now.

"Nothing," He said.

His tone was completely calm. Like he really had just said nothing at all. Like he hadn't just said the most mind-blowing, thought-shaking thing I had ever heard. In fact he was so calm and I started to believe I really did just imagine it.

I must be going crazy.

_______________________________

A/N: SURPRISE DOUBLE UPLOAD! I know this one is a little short but I thought it was a cute little scene that I wanted in it's own chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed and are still loving this story like I am. See you soon. Have a great day. BYEEEEE