Chapter 20

I woke up early the next day, I didn't want to sleep for long knowing the blogger would arrive today.

I tried to dress more casual so that I appeared more comfortable. I was stressing over every little detail as I carefully watched put all of the things I took out of Hyunjin to use back. I straighten out the sheets in my room, which the blogger will know as the guest room and went downstairs.

Hyunjin was home currently and would be back from work in about three hours.

I decided this would be the perfect time to make him lunch, anything to apologize for my outburst yesterday. I didn't mean to raise my voice it just happened.

I know that he told me to use his card if I got hungry but I didn't feel right doing that. So instead I got some ingredients delivered to the house and became to make pasta.

It was taking longer than I thought it would, Hyunjin was walking through the door as I set the table.

"What's this? He said, coming into the kitchen in slight confusion.

"I thought I'd make us lunch," I said, pouring water into the two cups.

I watch as Hyunjin pulled out his phone to look at something.

"I wasn't charged on my card," he said.

"Oh I didn't use it, I payed for it," I explained.

"Did it not work?" He asked.

"No, the card is fine I just didn't feel comfortable spending your money."

"But, I told you to."

"I know you did, I just don't like using other peoples money when I can pay for it myself, I just finished so sit down and relax before the blogger gets here."

I said the last part shyly but Hyunjin stood there frozen. As if for once in his life, he didn't know what to do.

It made me smile.

"What? Never had someone cook for you before," I said amused.

"No," Hyunjin said blankly.

My smile disappeared.

"But, what about your mother?" I asked cautiously.

"She wasn't the motherly type, she didn't cook," he said, staring down at the food.

Before I could respond he spoke again.

"Why didn't you just cook for yourself?"

I sat there confused for a second. I didn't think that question needed to be answered. Wasn't it normal to cook for everyone in the house. Why would he think I wouldn't?

"You work so hard, I thought you'd be hungry," I said.

He stood there for a while just staring at me. Like what I said was fascinating in a way. I looked away from his gaze, it was burning through me.

"Thank you," he said blankly.

All of the emotion he expressed just as second ago was now completely gone. Like he just shut down.

I cleared my throat at the now suddenly awkward mood and sat down. I watch as Hyunjin began to eat.

"Do you like it?" I asked curiously.

Hyunjin look down at his plate and nodded.  I don't really why but I smiled at that. I haven't smiled in a long time.

We finished eating and Hyunjin went upstairs to get ready.

I waited for Soeun to show up for last minute advice, it was finally almost time. We had to do this perfectly.

Soon enough there was a knock at the door and soeun walked. She came over and put her hands on my shoulders.